kent?

misser

He went off the boil when he insisted you need two see a gooses eye before you take a shot, he was ridiculed by everyone shame as he did give some good input.

Yes he gave some good input , between lots of ridiculous ramblings .

Not the first time he has gone AWOL for a while , he will be back soon enough I would think.

he was ridiculed by everyone.

Not Everyone .

All should be allowed a Point of View , No matter what others may think and even if the point is manifestly wrong in their view.

Sometimes the , Anti viewpoint goes too far , so who is right then .

A relative of mine died recently and the Mantra , if you have nothing Good TO SAY , THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL , came into Play .

Might make life a little easier !.

Not Everyone .

All should be allowed a Point of View , No matter what others may think and even if the point is manifestly wrong in their view.

A relative of mine died recently and the Mantra , if you have nothing Good TO SAY , THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL , came into Play .

Well said that man totally agree!

I picked him up for the Gooses Eye Comment along with a couple of other gems of wisdom. I didn't see it as ridicule then and still don't now. If you can't take being disagreed with then perhaps you shouldn't post in the first place.

Whilst I agree everyone is entitled to a view point I'd also add that people are entitled to disagree with it. Posting rubbish is one thing, posting rubbish that's likely to lead to the less experienced having problems is another.

Not Everyone .

We are all welcome to our opinion even if it's not the general consensus. I actually enjoyed his input as I did pole stars when he was here. I like how they stood up for their beliefs and didn't change for anyone.

We are all welcome to our opinion even if it's not the general consensus. I actually enjoyed his input as I did pole stars when he was here. I like how they stood up for their beliefs and didn't change for anyone.

Unlike politicians then......

Hopefully he will return. I agree it seemed to be about the goose eye time he went AWOL. He might just be on holiday?

I think it was Dennis Thatcher who said, " Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Agreed everyone is entitled to an opinion on an open forum, and accordingly SHARE knowledge, skills and experience. ...not ram it down your throat with disregard.

Not Everyone .

Absoloutly , every one should be entitled to an opinion , but equally everone should accept that on occasion they can be wrong about something .

That was / is Kents biggest issue , he cannot be wrong , if anyone suggest such then he goes off into a load of inane dribble while tying to dodge the fact he could be wrong.

With my ancient eyes, riddled with glaucoma and other sundry problems, I haven't seen a goose eye, except during the plucking process, for at least 20 years.

I'd never pull a trigger...

But Kent is devout in his beliefs if a little to eager to jump where others would fear to tread.

Pole Star and his pogo-sticks I really enjoyed reading. Now there is a man with principles.

With my ancient eyes, riddled with glaucoma and other sundry problems, I haven't seen a goose eye, except during the plucking process, for at least 20 years.

I'd never pull a trigger...

But Kent is devout in his beliefs if a little to eager to jump where others would fear to tread.

Pole Star and his pogo-sticks I really enjoyed reading. Now there is a man with principles.

I think where Kent was coming from is that you have to be able to see the detail of a goose to believe it is easily in range. I think the eye thing was more to over emphasise the importance and not to be taken literally. The whole point is also clearly dependent on each individual's own eyesight. Some people with poor sight would just about make it out as a goose but it would still be in range. So we shouldn't take things so literally but try to understand the intent of the words.

I got what he tried to say and was definately a valid point.

It's good to listen to people with experience whether you agree or not as that information might become more relevant in time.

The thing is on a online forum it is difficult to know who has that experience and who does most of their shooting from a armchair , there is plenty of good info given on here , there is also a lot of very poor advice given by people who do not know their **** from their head.

I am talking generally here rather than about Kent

Hes probably polluting another forum in a far off land with his I know everything about everything attitude!

He is not the only person on this forum with that attitude.

Although I didn't agree with everything, I must say I agreed on a lot of what he said.