LEXI

oxfordfowler

Hey Stuart, sorry to hear about Lexi, its a tough time, she was a great girl. Hopefully your new pup can keep a smile on your face during this time.

Take it easy.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumns rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there. I did not die.

Edited by wraivi

Stuart........There have been some lovely messages of support for you and your dog Lexi , and like Mr JDog said Lexi looks a character . I know the hardest part of owning a dog is when the sad time comes when you are both parted .

So remember the good times Stuart and I am sure there were quite a few .........Good luck.

Thanks for all the support boys and girls - it is much appreciated.

She was a very special dog to those who came across her. Not by any means the best gundog you will see, but those who met her always remembered her.

She died in my arms - the feeling of her going limp just after the needle went in and the light going out of her eyes will be with me forever :cry1: .

Its sad to hear of your loss, words are never enough , but you will have a treasuary of memories to remember he by and the pain does go away in time. Sounds hard I know , but the best ting is to get a new dog as soon as possible , transfering your affection softenes the loss.

She will never ever be replaced or forgotten stu but time is a great healer. You will always talk about her and have memories of the good and bad bits and she will bring a smile to your face as you reminisce the hours you spent together. I remember the warning she give us when we just looked at the widgeon you shot on our 5 man trip to Earith.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad times, it's always awful to hear things like this.

I prefer my dogs to most humans, I think that says it all, people that have never owned dogs will never get how upsetting it can be.

Chin up mate, remember the good times! RIP Lexi!