Basc deal

super sharp shooter

Do you have a link to said deal?

http://basc.org.uk/offers/basc-motoring-services/mitsubishi/

Not much info other than whats on BASC webpage

Just got off the phone with the mitsubishi basc dealer and what a great deal they offer. Just need to go for a test drive in the sg3.

Can I ask what sort of Discounts the BASC Scheme offers on the Mitsubishi ?

Ive searched on here , one fellow PW was offered 12% discount + free Met. Paint on his HiLUx

Thanks

RR

Dear All,

We are not allowed to publically display the discounts that the motor dealers we have agreements offer in the public domain, this is a condition of the contracts we have with the suppliers. However, if you go to the car and 4x4 section on the member offers page, you can log in as a BASC member, and then you can see the details of all the discounts.

David

I have recently gone through the change ;-) lol, No not that one, the one involving vehicles.

For a few years now I have been a Discovery man and before that a Nissan Terrano man but now am feeling my age have decided once more to retire in the proper sense of the word and give up 4 x 4s and buy a 'posh' car so settled for a Volvo XC60 D5 with bells and whistles.

However, during the period of making up my mind what to get I approached BASC about their discounts and found that not only do they make contact with the dealers listed in the BASC magazine but can get various discounts on almost any other make of vehicle - except Landrover !!

The Mitsubishi range in my area was 15% off the price with a few extras thrown in too, other marks varied between 10% to 8%

I dealt with Brett Lilley of BASC and by the time I had made up my mind he must have been ready to commit harri carri as I had questions each day for a fortnight !!

Although he couldn't do anything on a Landrover, they reckon they can sell enough on their reputation without help from anybody else, my Landrover dealer was willing to give me a 'Loyalty' discount which would have matched anything BASC could get on anything else.

I also found a few dealers were willing to give anything up to 10% for a straight deal anyway so it pays to contact BASC with the details of what you want and then compare their price with the local dealers anyway.

Good luck with your choice.

• 5 months later...

A shooting buddy got 20% off a new Volvo (XC60/90 - not seen it yet so not sure which model) and he said quite an easy process although the dealer who did the PDI/handover work was not very happy presumably because they got the work but not the profit. This is not unusual as I collect new cars for a big rental company and we have them delivered to local main dealers who can be quite arsy when we have issues. They are also running on fresh air and it's not unusual to run out of fuel 100yds from the garage!

I'm quite interested in your deals and experiences here as I might be up for a new 4x4 later this year. Wife and I are both pensioners now and we have funds for a new car/truck (big family debate over twin cab - she says she would look like a ***** [can I say that?] - or conventional 4x4, possibly a Defender)

Obviously I can't use that word!

CLA members get discounts on virtually all Toyota vehicles including hilux, RAV4 and land cruiser as well as certain Lexus models. Unlike the BASC deal you qualify immediately so anyone with 1 ac of land or a rural business can benefit. Membership starts at £201/year (not bad when you save up to £1800 on a hilux!) and you get a free CLA Game Fair ticket thrown in as well. Pm me for more details.

Triumphant59 - thanks for the offer. I quite like the new Rav but £1800 off a Hilux is only 5%? It will be late autumn before we make a decision so plenty of time to find a good deal.

The £1800 is the extra saving not total, CLA discount on a hilux is 17%

The £1800 is the extra saving not total, CLA discount on a hilux is 17%, 16% on a Rav you will not get a deal that comes near that and the new Rav is awesome!

Edited by triumphant59

BASC £72.00 per year membership.

Appreciate BASC membership is only £72 but if your not already a member no Toyota deal for 12 months. CLA membership gives you access to Toyota deal immediately. CLA membership covers free advice on a whole range of issues very different from BASC.

Really like the new Rav - I work p/t for a rental company and during the course of a year drive most 4x4s (Rangerovers etc) - and finance permitting (& deals) this is one I will enquire about. Had a day in one of those pug-ugly Infinity 4x4s. I must say to drive, once you got to grip with bells and whistles it was a very relaxing drive but my self-respect is such I could never turn up on a shoot in one.