Range Rover advice

stuart21

You do hear countless times about them failing, my mate of a mates spent more time in the shop etc. For such an iconic and expensive vehicle the failures they have is too many in my view. They are stunning and capable but if reliability is an issue you can understand why there is so much doom and gloom that surrounds them. Landcruisers have their faults and numerous recalls but I just do not hear people complain of build quality or reliability.

If the car is out of warranty I wouldn't use a main stealer to service it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do hear countless times about them failing, my mate of a mates spent more time in the shop etc. For such an iconic and expensive vehicle the failures they have is too many in my view. They are stunning and capable but if reliability is an issue you can understand why there is so much doom and gloom that surrounds them. Landcruisers have their faults and numerous recalls but I just do not hear people complain of build quality or reliability.

If the car is out of warranty I wouldn't use a main stealer to service it.

I'd love one but I'm not spending that sort of money on something with such a poor reliability record.

Here's some data that seems to confirm what people are saying above... http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/164

It's not that a certain car will be poor, it's the risk - you might be lucky but with a RR , you're taking a bigger chance with a RR.

I'd love one but I'm not spending that sort of money on something with such a poor reliability record.

Here's some data that seems to confirm what people are saying above... http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/164

It's not that a certain car will be poor, it's the risk - you might be lucky but with a RR , you're taking a bigger chance with a RR.

I have enough reliability issues with my Disco TD5, I would only be increasing the hole in my pocket.