Stopped by Police

daz181

Quick question.. I was stopped whilst lamping last week by the local anti gun person idiot in my village who phone the police to say had pointed gun at him which was total BS. To cut long story short, i waited for police to arrive, after talking to idiot and checking my licence was in order etc. They decide that i had done nothing wrong and whole thing was complete waist of there time. So back to my question, does anyone know if the police will keep record of this and will it affect my chance's in future when i re-new my FAC?

cheers

D.

Edited by daz181

If the police attended the scene on his complaint and were satisfied there was no offence committed and you were carrying out your lawful business, surely it follows that the anti was guilty of wasting police time, by making a vexatious complaint? Is this not an offence? Could you not turn the tables on him by making a complaint against him?

Good advice why not inflame an already tricky situation by escalating an argument that really needs to just fade away. If the police are drawn into a situation and there is a firearm in the equation what do you think they would do to err on the side of caution.best to try and avoid the troublemaker

about 6-7 years ago i was pigeon shooting on a new land, shooting over lettuce which was getting hammered. set up in hide behind a hedge. Along comes a fella on a push bike on the track at the front of my hide, thought he was a maybe a local worker on one of the adjacent farms as they were cutting veg in adjacent fields and in wet gear. i unloaded my gun, mask off before he got near and as he passed me got a shock and came off his bike. i got out to help him up, he said he was on his way home from one of the local farms where he worked, he said he could see i was shooting and thanked me for helping him and off he went. about half an hour goes by then notices 2 cars pull up at the end of the large field i was shooting on, has an access lane at end, 3 people out of the 2 cars with a dog is all i can see and then they start walking up the farm track towards me, i remember thinking surely they are not coming up here, any ways they continued to come, so mask off unload gun and got out of hide to inform them politely that they should not be on the land. as they got closer it was the fella i had helped with another man and woman, straight of the bat they all start at me ******* and jeffing calling me all the S### under the sun. i told them i had every legal right to be doing what i was doing and was going to ring the police, one of them made a go of facing up to me, got a bit nasty, i eventually seen them off and got straight on the phone to the local police and farmer, they logged it as an incident.

If the police attended the scene on his complaint and were satisfied there was no offence committed and you were carrying out your lawful business, surely it follows that the anti was guilty of wasting police time, by making a vexatious complaint? Is this not an offence? Could you not turn the tables on him by making a complaint against him?

It doesn't work like that, there is an offence of wasting police time however there is a minimum number of hours that have to be wasted which is quite high. Something along the lines of a false rape allegation is what this offence was created for. People using the police in a tit for tat arguement are idiots. And people wonder why crimes are getting ignored and police not catching rapists and burglars blah.

With regards to the op's question yes there will be a record of sorts, an incident log that is searchable on that forces database that will have your details on it, this would be the same as if you called police to report anything. With regards to something against you specifically like your pnc then I very much doubt it, unless they have actually put a crime on the system and linked you to it, I doubt that has happened.

If there was a problem feo would of been on phone or arv on your drive

i had a plonker call the police on me i wasnt arrested or cautioned but the feo was on the phone first thing i explained job done year later did a veriation when feo came around she did ask about it but no problem

Did annoy how it stays on record

Good advice why not inflame an already tricky situation by escalating an argument that really needs to just fade away. If the police are drawn into a situation and there is a firearm in the equation what do you think they would do to err on the side of caution.best to try and avoid the troublemaker

Maybe this is part of the problem and why shooters get such stick.

We all want a quiet life to get on with our sport so tend to let things like this lie rather than stand up for our rights and counter complain.

Maybe if we all counter complained against people who obviously have no valid point, it would make them think twice about doing it again.

You aren't going to stop them being against shooting, but the thought of police involvement might make them wind their necks in a bit!

Maybe this is part of the problem and why shooters get such stick.

We all want a quiet life to get on with our sport so tend to let things like this lie rather than stand up for our rights and counter complain.

Maybe if we all counter complained against people who obviously have no valid point, it would make them think twice about doing it again.

You aren't going to stop them being against shooting, but the thought of police involvement might make them wind their necks in a bit!

If you check it was said that they called the police so I doubt they are worried about police involvement. And as has been said start a tit for tat situation and I think the police would make life difficult for the firearms holder.would not look good if you are in conflict all the time. Maybe a cheap shoulder camera could prove effective. Yes you have the right to shoot and carry out your legitimate sport but unfortunately we live in a screwed up world.

If you check it was said that they called the police so I doubt they are worried about police involvement. And as has been said start a tit for tat situation and I think the police would make life difficult for the firearms holder.would not look good if you are in conflict all the time. Maybe a cheap shoulder camera could prove effective. Yes you have the right to shoot and carry out your legitimate sport but unfortunately we live in a screwed up world.

No, if a false complaint has been made about you it is wasting police time.

I assume the OP explained that he was shooting legally to the complainant, and even if the police were called first then it is still wasting their time.

Or are you another of the PW group that **** it every time your FEO is mentioned and terrified you won't get renewed?

Oh dear.I do hope you have a secondary hobby as if you believe that being an aggressor is the way forward then you may need something to do when you are no longer able to own firearms. I do not see it as #### as you put it i call it behaving in a sensible and mature manner in the face of stupidity and ignorance.

The copper is a div. if you really had pointed at the crazy bloke, surely showing you're cert wouldn't make it right!

How do you arrive at that conclusion ? It certainly was NOT an educated guess ? The looking at the 'cert' would verify that 1) he had one, and 2) proof of name and address. Those points established and the fact that no offences were disclosed, the Complainant would be spoken to and hopefully suitably advised.

For those who are suggesting a 'counter claim' regarding wasting of Police time etc., it is impossible to make that decision without the full facts, including the tape of the initial report. If it went along the lines of " A man with a gun " then the Police are obliged to check it out. " A man with a gun and wearing cammo clothing "is the standard report of the anti brigade, made knowing that it has to be checked out and causes the maximum amount of disruption.

It's 50ft from the centre of a highway and only if your disturb/injur/endanger a highway users....

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/13

which means shooting from the inside lane of the M25 is legal unless there is a horse and cart in the second lane - hmmmmm. really a bit of archaic legislation which has no practicalities in enforcement today, does any-one have any records / experience of actual prosecution under this legislation?

which means shooting from the inside lane of the M25 is legal unless there is a horse and cart in the second lane - hmmmmm. really a bit of archaic legislation which has no practicalities in enforcement today, does any-one have any records / experience of actual prosecution under this legislation?

I think I remember a case mentioned on here a year or two ago? Can't remember whether it went as far as court or was dropped before it went that far?

Quick question.. I was stopped whilst lamping last week by the local anti gun person idiot in my village who phone the police to say had pointed gun at him which was total BS. To cut long story short, i waited for police to arrive, after talking to idiot and checking my licence was in order etc. They decide that i had done nothing wrong and whole thing was complete waist of there time. So back to my question, does anyone know if the police will keep record of this and will it affect my chance's in future when i re-new my FAC?

cheers

D.

i doubt he told police you pointed a gun at him. If he did you would of had the works coming out after you.