MY NEW DAYSTATE/what a wonderful wife

evo

well had an hour today to zero the new rifle in at 40yrds, weather was a bit windy to say the least, so set the target out at 40yrds and shot 10 pellets at the target, I was using H&N Field Target Trophy,s 14,64 gr as I got a new tin with the rifle so thought I would try them out,

the very first shot was a flyer and was just slightly above the target to the left, so I put another nine pellets at the target and here are the results,,now considering it was windy I was more than happy to say the least,

here is a picture of the 10 shot group at 40yrds

001_zps86a79dc0.jpg

as you can see the grouping was one hole so very happy indeed with how the rifle performed

atb Evo

well had an hour today to zero the new rifle in at 40yrds, weather was a bit windy to say the least, so set the target out at 40yrds and shot 10 pellets at the target, I was using H&N Field Target Trophy,s 14,64 gr as I got a new tin with the rifle so thought I would try them out,

the very first shot was a flyer and was just slightly above the target to the left, so I put another nine pellets at the target and here are the results,,now considering it was windy I was more than happy to say the least,

001_zps86a79dc0.jpg

as you can see the grouping was one hole so very happy indeed with how the rifle performed

atb Evo

Spot on that bud fair play.

What would say was a good range for me to zero my Wolverine at.

I was thinking 45/50 yards or so or do you think a little further out.

Gareth

I would start with 50yrds for now until it has had a good few pellets through it to lead the barrel up , then I would take it further without a doubt,

one thing I would do is use the JSB 15.89 grain pellets, they have been the best pellets by far for grouping through all my Daystates and with yours being fac they will perform superb, I tried them in a huntsman classic running 30ftlb and to say those pellets where unreal is an understatement

good luck with it mate and if you need any pellets to try out then let me know

atb Evo

I would start with 50yrds for now until it has had a good few pellets through it to lead the barrel up , then I would take it further without a doubt,

one thing I would do is use the JSB 15.89 grain pellets, they have been the best pellets by far for grouping through all my Daystates and with yours being fac they will perform superb, I tried them in a huntsman classic running 30ftlb and to say those pellets where unreal is an understatement

good luck with it mate and if you need any pellets to try out then let me know

atb Evo

Yes I agree Evo I used either JSB Exacts or H&N FTT through my rifles both with very good results though the JSB just nipping it with tighter groups.

I got the Jumbo version of the JSB in .22 and a tin of H&N just to see how both compare to each other.

Hopefully I will get a few pictures up of said gun with grouping on suit like.

Cheers for the advice earlier bud and offer of any ammo to try if needed, much appreciated bud.

Gareth.

Not suggesting RWS Superdome H points pellets would be a preferrence regarding distance accurracy. Though l tried half a dozen out to 40 yards and was surprised at their accurracy. I'd have thought, accurate enough up to 25 yards, but they were far better than l'd of expected. Not a pellet for outstanding precision, though idea for short range impact ..

001_zps86a79dc0.jpg

atb Evo

Evo ..... considering the wind we have been having here on the Wirral that's brilliant.