My Perazzi Pair Experience

Beretta06

Hi folks,

My journey to see my completed metalwork for my Perazzi pair has begun! We have arrived in Brescia and are now ensconced in a lovely hotel, which sits approx. 5 minutes from the Perazzi factory. The hotel used to be a palace, so is a very grand affair. However, don't let looks deceive you - it is Ritz quality at Travelodge prices!!!

post-62103-0-46907200-1418247572_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow at 8am, I will be knocking on the factory doors - can't wait! Updates to follow.

B06

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

My journey to see my completed metalwork for my Perazzi pair has begun! We have arrived in Brescia and are now ensconced in a lovely hotel, which sits approx. 5 minutes from the Perazzi factory. The hotel used to be a palace, so is a very grand affair. However, don't let looks deceive you - it is Ritz quality at Travelodge prices!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tomorrow at 8am, I will be knocking on the factory doors - can't wait! Updates to follow.

B06

Will you be changing your user name now you are leaving the hoi polloi behind ? :)

So,

After four days in Italy - mostly spent with Mrs B06 shopping!! - another Perazzi experience comes to an end. We were at the factory early (8am) and was presented with the engraved actions for review. I am really pleased how the engraving has come out on them.

post-62103-0-26631700-1418651516_thumb.jpg

As a special 'nod' to the lovely Mrs B06, I asked the engraver to put her name on the top strap of gun No.1. She got all teary and emotional when she saw it - I didn't tell her it was being done!

post-62103-0-82964000-1418651597_thumb.jpg

I have finally chosen the wood for my pair and had the stocks made. I wanted something really special and think I found just what I was looking for. It has some lovely watermarks running through it and should look great once finished.

post-62103-0-43300600-1418651751_thumb.jpg

Once the wood was selected, Perazzi set about roughing out the stocks on a CNC machine - they are finished by hand but the overall shape is quicker by machine.

After a tour of the factory and a chat with some old friends, wifey and I left for Sirmione (on Lake Garda) for lunch, with a return planned at 4pm to test fire the guns.

Interestingly, the barrels are still 'in the white', which isn't something I have seen before. They will be blacked/blued later this week.

So, we arrived back at 4pm, quick coffee and then lad a look at the machined walnut blanks we selected earlier. I love them!!

post-62103-0-68537500-1418652153_thumb.jpg

As I have quite a long reach, I also had the fronds made around an inch longer than usual.

post-62103-0-27234200-1418652258_thumb.jpg

The guns feel veery well balanced and shoot around 35/65. 30 inch barrels and choked half and three quarter.

Wood to metal fit is excellent. Seen here, with side plate removed.

post-62103-0-04400600-1418652564_thumb.jpg

Here, the barrels are still 'in the white'.

post-62103-0-45270300-1418652690_thumb.jpg

Better image of the two stocks.

post-62103-0-88337600-1418652739_thumb.jpg

The rest of the letting on for the side plates will now be completed, the stocks will be chequered and finished, with a UK delivery date of some time in February. I am looking forward to shooting them next season.

As I have said before, anyone who is in Brescia and has some time to spare, drop into Perazzi. They are always welcoming, have loads to see and make excellent coffee!

B06

If I use Bismuth, I can use any constriction. Only steel causes problems above half choke. I will possibly have the guns multi choked by Briley, so half and three quarter gives plenty of metal to play with :) Tighter chokes also make me concentrate more as I need to shoot more accurately ;) The guns are also selective triggers. So, for grouse, I can shoot three quarter, half on incoming birds, then half and three quarter for the birds behind :)

Edited by Beretta06

Cheers,

am not so clued up on my non-toxic shot and its use, as I dont shoot wildfowl or over water.

It makes sense what you say about the grouse too, as they must cover the ground pretty quick requiring that extra reach with the second shot !

Cant wait to see the finished product photos.

ATB

Matt

Will,

Did you note that the hotel was Travelodge prices?

Does it look like the one we are staying in? (I know ours is a Premier Inn but you get my drift)

:shaun:

We stayed in a mini suite, free mini bar and breakfast included. Cost us £75-00 per night. I have never managed to find an elusive £19-00 per night Travelodge!!

If I use Bismuth, I can use any constriction. Only steel causes problems above half choke. I will possibly have the guns multi choked by Briley, so half and three quarter gives plenty of metal to play with :) Tighter chokes also make me concentrate more as I need to shoot more accurately ;) The guns are also selective triggers. So, for grouse, I can shoot three quarter, half on incoming birds, then half and three quarter for the birds behind :)

Sorry is it just my eyesight or is your good ladies name Narkie? :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing them finished. They're fantastic guns and a pleasure to own. I shoot a 30ins L Grade MX12 Game gun. Its my pride and joy. If I'm having a quiet drive I just stand and admire it!

Are they game or sporter spec? I wouldn't go down the briley route personally. Why complicate such graceful guns! I went for 3/8 and

5/8ths in the end and that suits me perfectly. Perazzi's tend to shoot tight patterns and pattern well with fibre loads with having a tight bore diameter. What cartridges are you going to put through them? I've found RC Sipe 32gm fibre 5's pattern well and I use them for everything right through now.

Best of luck with them and enjoy. Get some clays shot before next august and hit the ground running!

Regards

WR