My Perazzi Pair Experience

Beretta06

Looking forward to seeing them finished. They're fantastic guns and a pleasure to own. I shoot a 30ins L Grade MX12 Game gun. Its my pride and joy. If I'm having a quiet drive I just stand and admire it!

Are they game or sporter spec? I wouldn't go down the briley route personally. Why complicate such graceful guns! I went for 3/8 and

5/8ths in the end and that suits me perfectly. Perazzi's tend to shoot tight patterns and pattern well with fibre loads with having a tight bore diameter. What cartridges are you going to put through them? I've found RC Sipe 32gm fibre 5's pattern well and I use them for everything right through now.

Best of luck with them and enjoy. Get some clays shot before next august and hit the ground running!

Regards

WR

I too am the proud owner of an MX12 - a case colour hardened one. It was my first Perazzi; it is mostly used for pigeons, crows etc but I also use it for driven stuff.

post-62103-0-60066400-1418723135_thumb.jpg

I have a range of cartridges, but my preferred load is Lyalvale Supreme Game fibre 32g 5 & 6s. They pattern very well through my MX12, so I think they will suffice with the new guns :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice choice of wood. Why not get the Perazzi multi choke barrels? Seen plenty of pairs choked tight in one gun and more open in the other gun.

I think you have got it right at 1/2 & 3/4 no need for full with modern game cartridges.

Edited by figgy

Very nice choice of wood. Why not get the Perazzi multi choke barrels? Seen plenty of pairs choked tight in one gun and more open in the other gun.

I think you have got it right at 1/2 & 3/4 no need for full with modern game cartridges.

To be honest, the advice from Perazzi is to have multi chokes fitted afterwards. It seems easier to match the balance of the gun fitting them retrospectively. Not sure it would make any real noticeable difference to me though!

It seems odd for them to say that as fitted at factory they know the weight and can balance to suit.

I'd leave them as is, fixed 1/2 & 3/4 better patterns than multi choked and worrying about getting chokes stuck or them coming loose.

You would have to keep these guns with wife's name on for ever. She'd never forgive you if you sold them :lol:

Selling them is not part of the plan!! Long term, as the writing is discreet, once I am pushing up the daisies, people will probably think the engraver signed them :good: I will shoot a couple of seasons before I would multi choke them - but I think it is an unlikely option :) As you say, one less thing to worry about.

Edited by Beretta06

Selling them is not part of the plan!! Long term, as the writing is discreet, once I am pushing up the daisies, people will probably think the engraver signed them :good: I will shoot a couple of seasons before I would multi choke them - but I think it is an unlikely option :) As you say, one less thing to worry about.

A decent engraver could probably amend & do a Nadia or Natalie...just limits your choice of a new Missus....unless of course She bought them for you then she is of course a keeper!! They look great good luck with them.

John Jeffrey is NOT the Perazzi importer - that sits with Ruag in Cornwall. All Perazzis that enter the UK come via Ruag. John Jeffrey offers a particular style of gun, the HPX. Funnily enough, I met him for the first time last week while I was at Chris Potters in Tunbridge Wells!

Spandit, are you marketing??? My guns were ordered through Potters, with dimensions and fittings at the Perazzi factory & will be delivered to my through Potters, but imported by Ruag as sole importer. Unless I ordered an HPX gun, I'm not sure what JJ would add to the mix!

Ah, yes! The trophy! Mrs B06 disgraced herself by asking if it could be filled with champagne! Did you visit the 'special pairs' room in the building opposite the main shop?

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess at how many gallons it holds! Stunning trophy don't you think?

No I didn't get that far. Probably just as well ! :)

Chris Potter was the 2014 winner of the British Pigeon Shooting Championship. The shoot actually takes place in Portugal, as it is a live pigeon shoot - which is now illegal in UK. It is similar to the early trap shooting competitions in the 'olden days', with live birds released from 'trap' cages. Very few countries allow it now, with the exception of Portugal, Spain and parts of USA.

There is a huge silver trophy awarded, which has the names of the winner engraved each year. It stands around 750cm tall and would probably hold 5 to 8 litres of liquid!! It is very impressive. The trophy is currently on display at Chris Potters in Tunbridge Wells, in an area set aside for Perazzi guns on display.

As Whitebridges recently obtained a Perazzi from the shop, I expect he spent time in the room. For myself, I seem to spend most of my free time there :-) :-)