Favourite cartridges

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 1+ for Georges Proper Cartridges. The ones i've tried are 30g No 6.Very hard hitting and they throw a tight pattern through my Benelli auto.

Other than that I tend to stick with Eley HB 32g 6.5 shot for pigeon and Hull cartridge loads for game shooting and almost always use No 6.

Edited by Whitebridges

Yes I give them to my son to use! :yes:

Yerrwhaaa? You buy them just for your son?

An owner of a local estate used them every season. Come on a lorry to the hall. In summers he would give me some for the crows and rooks if I asked for some. As a young man I thought I was being given rubbish, that is until I used them!

Have a couple hundred in battery now.

U.

30gr of 5 shot over a felt wad at 1400 fps MV. There are a lot of good brands with this load, at present I am using Eley Grand Prix High Pheasant, before that Hull High Pheasant. Hull are now pretty dear, Eley look like they have discontinued it.

So as I am down to my last 100 or so if my Eley dealer is unable to get any then I guess its going to have to be either the Eley VIP or the Gamebore black cased load. The latter are very popular in my gun line.

A