Atn x sight 5x18

Essex Keeper

Waiting for a 3x12 (estimated for January) but thinking of not bothering now and getting my deposit back. Word from America, is that production for the 3x12 model has been cancelled, owing to issues. This has come from a friend in America, who's brother had ordered a 3x12, but was given a 5x18 as no 3x12's were available. I've emailed Scott Country for their response.

From what I've read, the 3-12 is not cancelled as such but being redesigned with a manual focus on it. The original design had no focus and therefore was blurry at almost all ranges, so the redesigned model will be released in Jan(ish!)

The resolution issues on the 5-18 are caused by ATN upping the maximum zoom shortly prior to release. The result is that the scope actually zooms up to 40x which by any measure would cause resolution issues on a digital image device of any kind. Moreover, no-one will need that much zoom surely!

The poi doesnt change with zoom but at the moment the reticle moves on the screen. This is due to the software being programmed to centre the zoom on the centre of the screen rather than the reticle which should be fixed by a firmware update shortly.

I've got the 5-18 preordered and can't wait, its got some teething problems but the beauty of this scope is they can be resolved by firmware updates.

As you can probably tell, I've followed the progress of this device quite closely and cannot believe the massive oversight on the focussing issue on the 3-12 but other than that, it looks like it could be very successful.

Last time I looked the footage was rather pony, man sized object waving at 200 yards (maybe less, cannot remember) and not very clear or sharp at that.

Steve, I don't have one, I had a 5-18 on order but promptly cancelled that when it became clear that there was no way this 'dedicated' unit was going to match the performance of my own digi add-on. If you can't see a rabbit sized object at 200 yards, clearly, on at a least x12 mag then it isn't worth it in my book.

My order for the 3x12 model had just been cancelled. I asked Scott Country about the fact that ATN in America have stopped production of this model (owing to focusing issues) but they said that's not the case. I have heard good, but many more bad, stories about these scopes, and its put me off paying such a lot of money for something that 'may' not be up to the standard that it should be. I am not happy with ATN. They have a very bad customer service record in the the USA, according to a good friend of mine who lives out there, and who told me about the 3x12 model.

The saving grace here is that Scott Country are very reliable in my experience and provide excellent customer service which acts a s a buffer between us the end user and ATN.

From what I've read the 3-12 is being re designed to incorporate a manual focus, which should have been included from day one.

Mine is still due for delivery this week hopefully so am happy to give a report on it once I've had a play.

The saving grace here is that Scott Country are very reliable in my experience and provide excellent customer service which acts a s a buffer between us the end user and ATN.

From what I've read the 3-12 is being re designed to incorporate a manual focus, which should have been included from day one.

Mine is still due for delivery this week hopefully so am happy to give a report on it once I've had a play.

I agree about Scott Country. I'm not knocking them one bit, although I did expect a reply to my email to them regarding the 3x12 model issues.

For now, I will use my Cobra Merlin with DSA. This will work well with my .22LR, .22 Hornet and my .243.

Maybe next year, when the 3x12 hopefully gets sorted, I may be in the market for one (again)

Focus isn't very sharp on their filming is it.

I don't understand some. First they build the hype, same as they did on the photon, then can't deliver anywhere near the suggested time.mthen when they do get a shipment they do a dodgy video job. Surly after all the hype first impressions impress, they at least need to get good footage or it will flop to quick