Atn x sight 5x18

Essex Keeper

Don't get me wrong very smart bit of kit !! Heavy tho

Safe shooting to 140 yrds to see back stop

In night mode if you turn it of and back on its a pink colour not green or black white

so your saying its only good for 140 yards recognition.

out of intrest what illuminator did ya stick on it.

Edited by Remimax

Just been reading on nvforum. Looks like yours is not the only one going back. Poi shift on magnification. Tether laggy on image. As well as a few other things. Even marky couldnt put a good word in for it.

Maybe after a few software updates it might get better. I was going to order one but glad I held back and boughta shot gun instead.

Just been reading on nvforum. Looks like yours is not the only one going back. Poi shift on magnification. Tether laggy on image. As well as a few other things. Even marky couldnt put a good word in for it.

Maybe after a few software updates it might get better. I was going to order one but glad I held back and boughta shot gun instead.

And the manufacturers themselves say it's a day scope with night capabilities, not a night scope. Can't see the point in it myself.

Makes me laugh, if I can build an add-on, in my shed and kitchen, that gives me enough clarity to head shoot a rabbit at 300 yards and spot Foxes beyond 500, through a day scope all for less than £700 how the hell can any of the other major manufacturers all spectacularly fail to build anything with a similar performance, for a similar price EVEN WHEN IT'S DEDICATED?

Given the economies of scale, you'd think one of them would manage it, wouldn't you?

Glad I cancelled my order of the x-sight early on as soon as I saw the grainy, blobby footage of the bloke at 200 yards.

I'm out zeroing mine tomorrow and will report on the POI shift...or not. I'm aware of a number of people who have not experienced the POI shift too so we'll see. From my perspective, the night vision is very good. I've not used NV before, but I'm able to clearly identify rabbits out to 150 yards and I'd anticipate foxes a bit further, my nm800 is lighting up trees at 350 yards.

As for the pink screen, that happened when I first turned mine on out of the box but hasn't happened since.

So.....my X-Sight changes its POI at different magnifications. I emailed Scott Country to arrange a return, however they have informed me that ATN were aware of the problem and will be imminently releasing an update which will fix the problem by keeping the reticle in the centre of the screen at all times.

They have offered to take my current sight in and send me a new one with the new firmware installed when its released, but I may as well hold on to the one I have and see if it fixes the problem.

If its not sorted by early Jan, its going back.

True but my point is you got to pay for a decent digi one. I have looked through some gen 1 and gen 2 nv gear and it was amazing . But that said i no nothing about nv its all witchcraft to me . But i have to say the resolution on the tube nv was spot on . All the digi stuff i have looked through all seems grainy . I would the more expensive digi stuff would be fine . But if i had an all in budget of £500 max i would spend it on a traditional tube and IR setup and . Unless i saw a better digi of course . But as i said this is from a man who knows not much about nv .

I do find it all very very interesting and though i dont really understand i do like reading what you guys have to say about .

Over the past few years I've been using various night vision set ups on two rifles a .22 and a .222,I've had so many zero shift issues with photons and Pulsar N550/N750,despite trying everything they just are not reliable.

An ATN Trident 6x gen 2+ has sat on my Tikka .222 for the past year and ok its not the clearest picture,but the zero hasn't shifted once,there's a lot to be said for a gun that you know is going to be reliable.

It would take a PROVEN digital sight for me to change over.

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time owner of Digital NV, and an owner of the ATN x sight, I thought I would jump in with a small update...

The new firmware .200 has fixed the change in POI / zoom - as a note this was never an issue until the .174 firmware was introduced, then caused issues.

The scope has loads of extras, I will probably never use ( GPS, altimeter, compas, ect ) but you can turn all these off.

So , what is the x sight ? ... Yep, it was built as a COLOUR day / night scope in GREEN / B&W ( day 1st , with night capability ) .. A lot of people can't understand this concept , but for me, it works ... I have a rifle that is great in th day , that I can use at night... All it needs is a quick change in the menu & an IR torch !

I ve used pulsar units & they are great NV units, but like all NV they have limits... The B & W screen gives me a headache & ruins your eyes natural vision at night- easy fix with a green filter . I still own one & it now sits on the HMR , as I only really use it at night .. But when I had them on the .223's I had issues.. If I wanted to use them in the day, they were pretty carp ..

Some have said that they can't see that far with the x sight & IR at night .... Really ??... I say nuts ! I can see 300m with a T20 ( 3 mode ) what you need is an adjustable mount.. I actualy use a T50 now & have the T20 piggybacked on top, i have no problem shooting 300m & can see beyond this for safety / backstop

What you have to remember when you have , or go the route of NV is every unit has a limitation, what you need to find, is the one for you .. Everybody has there own opinion of what is good & what's not.. But that's there view !

I personally don't like front or rear NV attachments as it changes the way you shoot & balance. ....I don't like tube NV as I had them & meant that I lost the rifle for day use .... Like I said ... 1st you need to work out what you want NV for & when your going to shoot ,

If like me, you can shoot day & night, and only want to take 1 rifle & a small bag then ... Well you make your choice !

Lastly.. Everyone feels the need to compare the x sight o the drone pro ... Why ?!??!

Yes the drone pro is good, no doubt , a great night scope ... And the new one will be colour ( amazing ! - I'm not reading into this, but its funny how the industry moves .... When the drone pro was released, pulsar canceled the N750 & brought out the N750 A , which competed on the same level ... Now the x sight has colour .. You decided ! ).

Anyway , How can you compare 2 units on the same level or against each other , they do different jobs ( 1 - day / night scope with zoom & colour ...2 - night scope ( can use in day & may have colour soon ) .... oh & one is nearly 1/2 the cost of the other

The x sight was released to early, but that's how the cost is down ... testing cost money & rightly or wrongly, we the shooters are the test bed, but that was always there plan ( must have been ) , as they said from day 1 that firmware updates would be available to improve the unit ..

It's not the holy grail, as some people made it out to be .. But who's fault is that ? ATN 's or the person that thought it would solve the world for a fraction of the cost ?!?!??

All I say is, with all NV - manage your own expectations !

Jimmy - I agree ....

Luckily my base is ok... But my ir ril isn't .. It slopes down, and checking my friends ones.. 1 is pointing up & the other is flat !

Nothing that can't be fixed with an adjustable mount..

But the base ?!? Whole different issue ...

I am currently working on a new base for the unit, as I can't get it back far enough on my rifle .. I have this issue with all rifles & units , but I m fed up with the fact that no body in the uk, makes a proper rail that comes back from the breach ( rem 700),

Good luck with your decision !!!!!

Edited by treetop