Double right and left at woodcock.

JDog

i have shot many woodcock in my time mostly when im asked to as an order has to be filled................

i have NEVER eaten one................do they really taste that nice and what of.......do they have a taste of their own ...is it gamey...what is the normal way of cooking them ???

Wrap in bacon and put in a hot oven for no more than 25 minutes. After ten minutes take off the bacon. It is possible to sit them on bread which becomes soaked in the juices. This is quite delicious.

Once on the plate use a very sharp knife to take off the legs and the breast meat close to the bone. The leg meat is very sweet and possibly the best. The breast meat is gamey.

Wrap in bacon and put in a hot oven for no more than 25 minutes. After ten minutes take off the bacon. It is possible to sit them on bread which becomes soaked in the juices. This is quite delicious.

Once on the plate use a very sharp knife to take off the legs and the breast meat close to the bone. The leg meat is very sweet and possibly the best. The breast meat is gamey.

shut up, I've got turkey twizzlers for tea !

The legs are most certainly the best part, they are so tasty. The breasts are good too, but need to be roasted with a little blush still on the breast.