van men..........traffic/vivaro

millrace

I have one, a 1.9 115dci, the turbo lag is horrendous, there's no where to put stuff in the cab, although the box is longer so it will take full sheets of ply unlike a transit there's a large part of the body bracing in the middle which sticks out and is a pita to make a rack for because of this. otherwise it's a good van, it drives well and is quiet.

there aren't many cargo tie down points, the quick clear screen function is pants, all in all a very basic van.

the tranny I had before was much more high tech, plenty of cubby holes and storage for stuff in the cab, auto lights, auto handbrake hill starts, the quick clear screen really works, as did the traction control, less turbo lag also so I didn't get stranded pulling out onto a roundabout, just a tad short in the back was it's only downfall, the next size up was too big for the driveway.

What bout mpg figures,, here's where I stand,, I know the problems with the other ones I've had my share....lol but I want van capable of taking sheets on edge not layin down so I always go lwb,, transits are to expensive and don't need high roof large van, so need another van went yest and looked at 2013 traffic,,, now the dillema if the new model is efficient enough it may make buying new the better deal just need some " hands on info"......

If the savings are what they say ...

same here millrace, put £30 in with a drop of diesel cleaner, every now and then, they are Renault under the bonnet,never let me down so far, mind you no temperature gauge on my 60 plate the old one's have, I ment £30 every 2 weeks just running around, 57 tranny I had egr valve kept clogging up, happy with the vivaro now. ...kenbo

problem with transit is,, A ,, to expensive and B unless you want long wheel base high roof you cannot carry materials the way i wish to,, been there with short vans having to move tools to stand a few sheets sidewards no wish to go back,,,,,,,,, sometimes its better to dissapear with the crowd in "white" van land...........lol

dont know about the brand new model, but the older upto 2014 has loads of issues! especially the injector problems that they have just admitted to. It was all on watchdog, they are now compensating owners who spent thousands on the injector issues. They couldnt fix mine and eventually Vauxhall bought the van off of me!!

andypaint: the issues seem to start at 100K+ !

dont know about the brand new model, but the older upto 2014 has loads of issues! especially the injector problems that they have just admitted to. It was all on watchdog, they are now compensating owners who spent thousands on the injector issues. They couldnt fix mine and eventually Vauxhall bought the van off of me!!

andypaint: the issues seem to start at 100K+ !

Thanks, something to look forward to.

i have an 06 model vivaro, with nearly 170k on the clock and has been as good as gold apart from std service parts etc, let me down once when the power steering pump went, my mate however has spent half the amount his transit cost keeping it on the road, 58 plate tipper.

mines a 64 plate, it doesn't give me a mpg figure though, I don't know if that's a "spec" thing or not, ive gotten about 800miles on £150 worth of diesel, but that is short journeys and city driving, if it could be re mapped to counter act the turbo lag I could grow to love it, it is such a nice van to drive above 2000 rpm. the extra foot in the back is really helpful, something that I personally think ford have done on purpose to make us builders buy a bigger van.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

getting one later in week for few days to test with view to ordering,,, going to go for the 120 bhp model twin turbo which give the best economy will let you know my views,,,,figure 4 yr warranty then blow out,,,no more keeping above 100k also renault offer 4 instead of vauxhall 3 yrs warrenty and offer at the min for lwb 120 at £13,800 if the millage is what claimed over 80k i can save 24/2800 on fuel so make new more attractive.....

to those that have no problems with the older models i say good for you..lol its only matter of time i had no probs till 100k plus.... ive done gearboxes turbos on the first model,, every sensor know to man at one stage only to find it was the las,t one bbttm engine not connected to the computer system that was cutting the engine out, steering joints need a engine for one at moment its only done 110k, can have gearbox out in and going in 5hrs.......the list goes on but they are comfy nippy and easy on fuel when their going......lol