Mixed cover crop

look into what is in the mixes as in my honest opinion they are not what I would call cover mainly feed that is all dead and finished by November making it cold and draughty, looks ok from distance but very thin up close. If you go for one of these mixes I bulk mine up with utopia remember it needs to look real good and thick as no weed control possible with mixed crops atb.

look into what is in the mixes as in my honest opinion they are not what I would call cover mainly feed that is all dead and finished by November making it cold and draughty, looks ok from distance but very thin up close. If you go for one of these mixes I bulk mine up with utopia remember it needs to look real good and thick as no weed control possible with mixed crops atb.

As you say, you need to check what seeds are in the mix. Some are based on kale and kale hybrids, which will provide good cover, but others wont.

This season, we have used two of Kings mixes. Moir Mix, which is kale based, and Campaign Mix South, which is mainly sorghum/red & white millet/triticale. Both of the these have provided good cover, and the sorghum mix is still going strong and should last until the end of the season. Also, both of these mixes can be sprayed for weed control, which was one of the reasons I chose them.