Chewing Toys

PhilR

There is a new addition to the family who arrived yesterday. I went to meet Longy0710 and his 21 month old, neutered, fox red lab pup Milo. It's the second dog I've owned, the first was 53 years ago when I was 10😯.

We'll be putting our house on the market in January with a view to downsizing. Mrs PhilR said we should look once we've moved but Milo ticked all the boxes to become a peg dog for me next season and it seemed the right thing to do.

I can't upload a pic at the moment as I'm using the phone but when I get a chance to fire up the 'puter I'll put them in the 'your dog' section. Well that's if I can keep the little devil still long enough to take a snap.

What's the view on letting dogs used for retrieving have chewing toys to play with please.

Mine got their Christmas pressies this week - and did a lot more than chew on them. Devoured is more like it - after chewing on them good and proper.

100_4505a_zps626a7d88.jpg

About to get another "round" of the same holiday gifts today, too. Cumulatively, they and a couple of their forebears have retrieved somewhere around 5,000 geese over the last 10-12 years, and never gone to chewing (or inhaling) one of those.

MG

Been having a look at their attributes on the web. Sounds a good dog.

If the right people - a trainer who's patient and with gundog experience - get a Sussex, you can have a bright and long-lasting future afield with them. Personable animals with plenty of charm (and idiosyncrasies). But don't believe everything you read about them on the web - they don't often give tongue as is claimed, and they do retrieve, competitively, with the best of them, despite the Yanks trying to have it in their standard for the breed that a Sussex spaniel "may" retrieve (or "may not").

This old girl was back at it 24 hours after having half an ear removed (tumour), a nasty growth over her eye excised and a major canine (tooth) yanked, yes all that -

100_4426a_zpsb0e86388.jpg

- it's what she does, and what Sussex do with encouragement and consistency in training from the "***-go."

MG

Edited by cracker

If the right people - a trainer who's patient and with gundog experience - get a Sussex, you can have a bright and long-lasting future afield with them. Personable animals with plenty of charm (and idiosyncrasies). But don't believe everything you read about them on the web - they don't often give tongue as is claimed, and they do retrieve, competitively, with the best of them, despite the Yanks trying to have it in their standard for the breed that a Sussex spaniel "may" retrieve (or "may not").

This old girl was back at it 24 hours after having half an ear removed (tumour), a nasty growth over her eye excised and a major canine (tooth) yanked, yes all that -

100_4426a_zpsb0e86388.jpg

- it's what she does, and what Sussex do with encouragement and consistency in training from the "***-go."

MG

Fair play,looks like a beautiful dog and hard as nails :yes: