vw t25 fueling issues still?

Albert 888

This is an on going issue. Right its a 1989 panel van it was a 1.9dg petrol engine on carb and is now running a 2.1 dj injection engine. The van used to run great after I swapped engines unless it was low on fuel and i give it some round roundabouts or corners then it would conk out due to lack of fuel,this problem was overcome buy keeping it above 1/3rd of a tank,but it gradually got worse. Now it won't run,the engine will start it ticks over for a few second then conks out.

I have fit a cheap 1-3 bar universal fuel pump,removed the filter and fit a larger bore fuel pipe. And still the same.

Will list below what's envoled

Fuel tank-fuel pump-tee peice with bleed screw,this splits the fuel supply to both fuel rails on the heads-comes out of the rails both sides to a 4 way fuel pressure regulator the other connections are for a vac pipe cam driven from the distributor and the other is return to the tank.the fuel is reaching the regulator but t not returning to the tank.

The engine will run but but not constant,sprayed brake cleaner in the airbox and will keep running untill I stop spraying. I'm thinking the pumps not pumping enough fuel and reaching the pressure it need too or the fuel pressure regulator is faulty,I would like to sort this out but parts are quite dear and not that easy to source.

Any ideas would be greatfully received. Cheers Albert.

I may have to do thanks,I shy away from vdub clubs,as I have bad memory's of when i Cal looked my gt bettle and the chrome brigade didn't like it.

Me too but its a good source of info.

Also if you join the club (free) you can get parts discount from a number of suppliers like Just Kampers by quoting your membership number :good:

• 3 weeks later...