Hatsan AT44-10 .177....Any good??

Fabhui

I'm looking at getting a Hatsan AT44-10 in .177. It's brand new with the wood stock and priced in my budget (under £300).

I'm completely new to PCP air rifles and as much as I'd love a Daystate or Air Arms they just aren't realistically within my budget.

I was wondering what people's views are on here on the Hatsan AT44-10, especially from those that have had a go with one or own one and if there's much to choose between getting it in .177 or .22?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :good:

Hi Mate, Bought the .22 3-4 weeks ago, now scope is sorted Pellet on pellet at 20 yds, Really chuffed now..

Did have a problem with a scope my son bought me 2 years ago, but,, Found out I could alter the Parallax at the front..

Difference is amazing, it shoots just like it should, if it`s off now, it is me, not the gun..

Does feel slightly heavy, but it helps to keep it still.

Best Air Rifle I have ever owned, it will last me till I peg it, just need the bottle now, UNLESS someone out there has one .lol.

Go and have a feel, I am sure you will like it. :yes: .

I'm very happy with my .22 AT 44, on a day when I'm shooting good it's pellet on pellet or thereabouts, only shooting targets

I was in the same position as you, first pcp not wanting to spend loads, at it ticked every box I wanted too, a daystate will quieter, but you would expect so at the cost of them

I myself was in the market for one of the low end price bracket pcp's, earlier this year. I never bought the Hatsan in the end. If l'd of had the option for a wooden stock version at that price, l'd have gone for it.

I read up quite a lot prior to buying a pcp; and the Hatsans AT44 comes out well .. a lot of rifle for that price. Any pcp can have issues .. AA, Daystate, BSA, Walther whichever make can have problems ...hope you enjoy your new purchase .. atb

Hi buddy

I have never tried the Hatsan but was thinking of getting one but most Gunsmith's i spoke to will not rate them I found!

Many people have given me the same advice as im going to give you and thats buy secondhand! Bsa R10's do come up at not a bad price, I recently managed to get a Daystate X2 in .177 for £280! Bargains do come up mate or for another 100 odd you could get what I hear is a good gun and thats the Wather R8..

But good luck with whatever you choose mate :)

I owned one. Great gun!

Can be shot straight out of the box (fibre optic sights). LW barrel, two stage trigger. The auto safety can be a pain but it is only a quick thumb flick to knock it to fire.

Quiet (fit a silencer), anti double load mechanism (cant reload until you fire the one in the breech). Probe, spare seal, 2 magazines, all in all a very good deal!

I bought one last year as my first pcp (in walnut stock) and I am very happy with it! Prone or kneeling it's as accurate as you are in a reasonable range but for standing shots it can be a little heavy, but a stick or branch etc sorts that out. It also lasts quite a few shots per fill. The air cyclinder is supposed to be removable which I would find very practical as I could then take it to be filled without having to take the gun, as I'm under age, but after unscrewing it it wouldn't come out and the local gunsmiths couldn't figure it out either. All in all it's a lot of gun for the money, although mine came without open sights?

I owned one. Great gun!

Can be shot straight out of the box (fibre optic sights). LW barrel, two stage trigger. The auto safety can be a pain but it is only a quick thumb flick to knock it to fire.

Quiet (fit a silencer), anti double load mechanism (cant reload until you fire the one in the breech). Probe, spare seal, 2 magazines, all in all a very good deal!

Thats a bargain, an attrative bargain ...atb

most Gunsmith's i spoke to will not rate them I found!

I'm wondering why that is though? Is it just because they're a Hatsan and made in Turkey? Is it because they want to sell something more expensive or because if it doesn't say Daystate or Air Arms etc then to them it has to be rubbish? Or is it because the AT44-10 is a bit pants??

I'm budgeting on £300 but don't want to spend that amount of money on something that turns out to be complete pants.

It is not complete pants. Most gunshops round my way actually rate the Hatsans very highly. Quality in the factory has improved exponentially whilst quality at "premier" marques has fallen. Read all about the problems with HW spring powereds, the painfully weak AA and Daystates that people buy, BSA quality problems are in a league of their own!

Could it be the gunsmiths that do not rate them can't make as much money off them in repairs?

The gunshops I deal with do not like to have problems with rifles returning. The Hatsan rifles they sell last according to them! Could be worth asking the self same gunsmiths what they think to Webley and if they say much better than Hatsan then laugh at them! With the exception of 2 rifles all Webleys are Hatsan (the VMX and the Rebel being the 2 rifles which are Chinese made).

Edited by secretagentmole

I suggested an At 44-10 to my cousin who's just got into shooting.
Instead he went for a BSA R10.
Although it's a very nice gun, I've found he's now treating it a bit too "precious" which restricts
him from shooting at times due to excess worrying about marking it.
I personally think he would have had more fun with the AT 44, as he wouldn't be so over cautious about
it.
Just a thought.....

Edited by jam1e

As Hoggy just said mate I don't think they are "pants" from what I hear just not very well finished and need the internals reworked sometimes! Best thing I can say is type into google Hatsan AT44 reviews and have a good read through maybe make a few calls to different gunshops to get some honest views on people who have worked on them!

I still think the Walther is worth a look mate, Hoggy owns one maybe he could give you some advice on them!

I like my Walther RM8 "but" its 25% more price wise, and you get a hell of a lot for £300 ... The Walther is £400 and only comes with one mag ... Hatsan has a two stage trigger, Walnut stock, plus two mags that holds more pellets than the Walther. Ive heard the AT 44 are accurate .. l personally like the Walther, but never want to turn into the type that bashes every other manufacturers pcp's for no justifiable reason.

Edited by hoggysreels

You'd be better trying to find a second hand webley raider 10. They're much better made! Hatsan use the webley action but you'll find the webley barrel better.

Ive just sold my 2 shot raider, one of the last british made ones (before they started making them all in Turkey!) and I could put pellet on pellet at 30-35 yards!

[url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIos2M4xAwk]

This young fella seem a level headed sort ..

you have got to much time on your hands Hoggy bud,,only watched the first minute as his voice went right through me,

hatsan at44-10 very good rifle for a budget rifle, put it this way , you wont get many if any better gun for the money

atb Evo

I'm wondering why that is though? Is it just because they're a Hatsan and made in Turkey? Is it because they want to sell something more expensive or because if it doesn't say Daystate or Air Arms etc then to them it has to be rubbish? Or is it because the AT44-10 is a bit pants??

I'm budgeting on £300 but don't want to spend that amount of money on something that turns out to be complete pants.

My local RFD sells hatsan airguns a lot, and I brought a AT44-10 off him in .177 (camo thumbhole stock) as it was just what he had at that time and I really wanted a PCP on a budget.

A lot of the comments here are same as my feedback, it's a great gun and is good fun. The only thing wrong in my opinion is it's slightly heavy - but for the price you really can't quibble.

I shot a lot of rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, rats etc... for a good year or so before selling so I could afford my HMR. Regretted it since, it was a great and easy to use gun which I wasn't precious about the stock etc so was a easy decision to use on any occasion.

I've actually helped 2 friends purchase same guns since, and they both love the AT44. Sure, it's not a Daystate - but you aren't PAYING for a daystate. You are paying for a airgun which will be quiet, accurate and reliable and plenty of shots per fill and a nice loading action to boot.

I would have loved a Daystate, or an Air Arms, but it simply wasn't possible on my budget and I settled for the AT44-10 and it was great.

My local RFD sells hatsan airguns a lot, and I brought a AT44-10 off him in .177 (camo thumbhole stock) as it was just what he had at that time and I really wanted a PCP on a budget.

A lot of the comments here are same as my feedback, it's a great gun and is good fun. The only thing wrong in my opinion is it's slightly heavy - but for the price you really can't quibble.

I shot a lot of rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, rats etc... for a good year or so before selling so I could afford my HMR. Regretted it since, it was a great and easy to use gun which I wasn't precious about the stock etc so was a easy decision to use on any occasion.

I've actually helped 2 friends purchase same guns since, and they both love the AT44. Sure, it's not a Daystate - but you aren't PAYING for a daystate. You are paying for a airgun which will be quiet, accurate and reliable and plenty of shots per fill and a nice loading action to boot.

I would have loved a Daystate, or an Air Arms, but it simply wasn't possible on my budget and I settled for the AT44-10 and it was great.

That's pretty much answered every query I had. Will be picking it up tomorrow on my way back from the hospital :-)

Nice to know you come to a conclusion buddy,

It can be very hard as so many people have different ideas on their guns but good luck to you mate, sure it will bring you many hours of enjoyment :)

and hey drop back on here and let us all know what you think to your new gun..

All the best

Foggy..

You wont be disappointed at all, the rifle cannot be beaten in any aspect be it price, accuracy, shot count, build quality etc apart from needing depinging and the weight balance being nose heavy. Easy to service once the tamper shear bolt has been drilled out and cheap to keep running. Not many rifles tick all the boxes and review as well across the board as the at44. Enjoy your shooting, I've got a .22 at44 and not regretted it yet though might be turning mine into a bullpup the next time I strip and service it or buy a kalibre cricket.....