What do you reckon?

walshie

One golf course i shoot at is riddled with foxes that dig up bunkers, foul the greens etc. I know some people's idea of riddled is different to others, but this one really is. Eyes everywhere, but not always in a safe place to shoot.

Another golf course less than a mile away as the crow flies has also asked me to get rid of their "fox problem".

I first went there in daylight and the greenkeeper showed me holes that had been dug on the edges of the bunkers.

I've been there twice since, late at night. Once we drove the whole course a few times and - nothing. Next time we parked up and walked the course a couple of times and - nothing again.

A total of 4 hours there and not one fox to be seen at all. Even taking my dog to the local park at night I see plenty of foxes, so where are they? Or are there any at all?

Could something else be digging the edges of the bunkers?

Any (sensible) suggestions would be great, Thanks.

The golf course I shoot has a serious badger problem at the moment, the damage they can do is quite astounding. The manger has stated that no foxes are to be shot as they keep the rabbits down, so loads of foxes but not many rabbits.

Rooks can also do damage but it's not as deep as badgers, more scraping about just on the surface compared to ripping up a good couple of inches.

Edited by Cyrus1988

In my mind it is definitely Badgers, they (trail cam) are making a real mess on one of my permissions just as you have described and we can't do anything about it.

​You should be able to find their foot prints somewhere near and easily recognised by the deep and long claw marks.

Edited by Good shot?

You would probably have mentioned it if there were... but I'll ask anyway... are there not any prints or marks in the bunker sand?

Nope. No prints. They must be doing it from outside the bunker. I haven't noticed a latrine, but I wasn't really looking either. I think it's time to deploy the trail cam. :good:

Edited by walshie