first day out in to long

activeviii

Well, with everything that's going on at the moment I have had no real heart in going out. So, last week I thought a bit of retail therapy was in order. Well if it can work on a woman then why not on us.

So, out of my favourite gunshop a came with a lovely little Fabarm Axis. 30" barrels and 16.5" LOP.

Today I decided I was going to make an effort and get out and have a play on the pigeons. Not a long day, just midday onwards.

Shame the pigeons didn't read the script as there was none around, not like me to go out without a good few days looking around but it was a case of suck and see today.

Got in to where the birds normally feed but there was nothing around. A few I knew where on the back fields but their not mine so thought I would set up and see if the odd one would drift over. Well it was more than the odd one, It was two, that was all in 3 hours so I cleaned up, washed the dogs off in the pond and then went up to a little coppice in the hope of a rabbit or pigeon coming into roost.

There was no rabbits around but one of the dogs flushed up a pheasant for the bag and then a crow drifted over which took the shot and fell miles away over the boundary. This was the case of all the pigeons too, all fell over the way to where I could not get to them. Looks like the fox is getting feed tonight.

Then just as I was walking out the wood a squirrel caught my eye, bead on it and down it fell, then another one tried to run across the canopy but the second barrel pay to his escape.

All in all it was nice to be out, OK the pigeons didn't play and I missed more than I care to share but it was all about being out.

Not sure when I'm out again but once in a while for a walk in the woods might be the best I get for now.

Not a big bag and a fair few have gone to the fox but its not all about the bag for me at the moment. Its about get out.

Oh and my new toy.

IMG_20141218_173016_zpscctntygz.jpg

All the best

Phil

U have been old and moany for a long time lol your as old as u feel

I moan more now.lol

Glad you got out mate. You might even get me out soon, I might need a few more days but I'm feeling better already.

You're not too moaney for me, we can moan together.

I can moan CU's you can't hear the moaning.

How is your head?