Lightweight rotary

Davyo

Had one of those fell to bit's on first outing, motor bearing wore out repaid it myself then snapped the top of the motor, clutch fell to bit's.

Had new motor from supplier fitted it and bearing went on second time out. Fed up with it so cut it up and put proper motor on it work,s fine now

but heaver than it was, defeat's the object really. :no::no:

if you want a lightweight rotary that will last and does the job very well then it has to be a hypalite from shootwarehouse I got one when they first came out £40 dearer than the now revamped version by the way!! it has had a lot of use and is still the first thing in my bag (fits in with my hide poles ) not cheap but very effective with hypa's on

KW

Had it out on Sunday but realy strong winds,it struggled to turn with 2x plastic decoys with the foam wings,was ok however when the wind dropped,so put it back in the car.Going to get some proflaps and only use it in light wind and stick to flappers if it's windy.I would poss stick with the old heavy rotary to be honest as half the cost.Been advised to get the pinewood,but £200 I wouldn't pay unless I see it workng in all conditions.

Anyhow I will stick with it at the moment,might end up just sticking a wiper motor on it.If you going to get one though get it from GDK as A1 is much dearer plus an additional £7 plus to post for exactly the same machine.

Hi Davyo,managed to snag one for £33.00 delivered, so will try it out with Hypaflaps - if Santa's listened, fingers crossed!cheers, Tedward.

Wow that's cheap I laid £89 inc a battery for mine and A1 cost £107 ( don't thin it includes a battery either)

Dave

Edited by Davyo

Had it out on Sunday but realy strong winds,it struggled to turn with 2x plastic decoys with the foam wings,was ok however when the wind dropped,so put it back in the car.Going to get some proflaps and only use it in light wind and stick to flappers if it's windy.I would poss stick with the old heavy rotary to be honest as half the cost.Been advised to get the pinewood,but £200 I wouldn't pay unless I see it workng in all conditions.

Anyhow I will stick with it at the moment,might end up just sticking a wiper motor on it.If you going to get one though get it from GDK as A1 is much dearer plus an additional £7 plus to post for exactly the same machine.

I replied previously but just to clarify....I've never been out with my pinewood magnet and had it not be able to spin the birds no matter how windy! Those cheap magnets must be utter rubbish is all I can think? Only problem I ever get is getting it in the ground when it's frosty/bone dry in the summer. If you do get one the tripod with legs is essential.

I replied previously but just to clarify....I've never been out with my pinewood magnet and had it not be able to spin the birds no matter how windy! Those cheap magnets must be utter rubbish is all I can think? Only problem I ever get is getting it in the ground when it's frosty/bone dry in the summer. If you do get one the tripod with legs is essential.

thanks mate i will just go back to the old strong wipermotor type as they are bullet proof.The pinewood is just stupid moniey for the risk.It also has its bad reviews (may be just the odd one but still negative)

Have 2 from UKshootwarehouse they have never let me down made extra long arms for the sillosocks and they will also run all day with dead birds on..

Not cheap but you get what you pay for mine are both still going strong and I've had then about nearly 10 years..

£150.00
BACK BY DEMAND Ultra-Lightweight Rotary to take the weight off your back! A Small centrally mounted ..
Edited by hawkeye

Have 2 from UKshootwarehouse they have never let me down made extra long arms for the sillosocks and they will also run all day with dead birds on..

Not cheap but you get what you pay for mine are both still going strong and I've had then about nearly 10 years..

£150.00
BACK BY DEMAND Ultra-Lightweight Rotary to take the weight off your back! A Small centrally mounted ..

Cheers Hawkeye,

Will poss give that a bash, just waiting for 2 x sillosocks hyper flaps to come.

Dave

I have two Pinewood rotaries. One is a spare. In the fifteen years since I have had them they have hardly put a foot wrong. Very rarely, when the wind is very strong, will one arm blow off. That is the time to dash out and stop the motor quickly.

At a guess I have used one of them 500 times with no breakdowns. One of my shooting buddies bought his for £45 ten years ago and that has not let him down either.

I do not consider the rotary to be a huge weight relative to the rest of my kit.

Edited by JDog

This is what I currently use for my Hypaflaps, 6mm threaded rod thru drilled out and tapped fixing points not much weight or size at all. I just press it into the ground sometimes making a shallow scoop for the motor body. It never causes any problems but I would like to upgrade it with an inline motor which should be even more compact.

Photo00261_zpsb6f4c94e.jpg