Discovery sport...

HDAV

22nd January they're getting released. My dad doesn't work too far from Halewood where they're made and has seen two driving around in the past two days.

I think they look nice..really modern but as land rover have stated it's the first of a new range of discovery models...

I think the proper disco is being rreplaced 2016?

22nd January they're getting released. My dad doesn't work too far from Halewood where they're made and has seen two driving around in the past two days.

I think they look nice..really modern but as land rover have stated it's the first of a new range of discovery models...

I think the proper disco is being rreplaced 2016?

The proper disco was replaced in 2004....

The Discovery Sport is a Freelander replacement, what do you expect? The Freelander is not a Discovery competitor or alternative, ergo neither is the Discovery Sport.

It's not a Discovery, the Discovery 4 is the current Discovery until it is replaced next year.

I don't intend to buy the Discovery Sport, but for its target market I think it will prove to be a success.

Had a good look at one.

My gripe with Disco ( and I have had 2 x 200s and a TD5) is that each generation gets larger. The new Disco Sport is more the size of the 200 series all be it with a considerably lower roof.

Looks very high tech inside, white leather on the one I looked at. I am sure given a set of AT tyres it will be very capable off road. But if like Freelander it can only tow 2000kg then thats not enough for what I do, reviews say it has the LR 2.2D engine which was not one of their better units by all accounts.

A

Had a good look at one.

My gripe with Disco ( and I have had 2 x 200s and a TD5) is that each generation gets larger. The new Disco Sport is more the size of the 200 series all be it with a considerably lower roof.

Looks very high tech inside, white leather on the one I looked at. I am sure given a set of AT tyres it will be very capable off road. But if like Freelander it can only tow 2000kg then thats not enough for what I do, reviews say it has the LR 2.2D engine which was not one of their better units by all accounts.

A

It might be a new 2.2 a slightly larger bored 2.0 l unit they currently use. From what people have said after driving the Evoque 2.0 l diesels is that there very quick. Edited by figgy