At the petrol station this morning....

Zetter

I thought I better fill up before the festive season so nipped into my local station and diesel up the car.

It wasn't stupidly early being about 8.30am, first sight was someone in a van who despite there being loads of parking obviously had an urgent need for a coffee causing him to abandon his van squarely between two pumps :oops: .

But even better turned up thirty seconds later when a Merc rolled up and parking at another pump, out jumped a guy (and I kid you not here) in a white bath robe and fluffy slippers :good: he promptly went in to do his morning shopping. Obviously a man who desperately needed that loaf of bread so desperately in fact that taking 30 seconds to throw on some clothes was not possible!

You do wonder for the future of our society sometimes.

Atb Neil

See it all the time around here, ever since the petrol stations became the convenience store.

Perhaps they need to put signs up stating "no parking at pumps unless taking fuel", but then you'd have someone put £5:00 worth of fuel in and spend 30 minutes looking around the shop section!

Just needs a little CONSIDERATION for OTHERS!

I did see a bit of justice the other day though Tightchoke a woman pulled up and blocked a pump in a 4x4 of some description, promptly got out and took her two kids in to get shopping. She was at the back pump so essentially blocking two pumps :no: . A 3.5te van pulled up and waited for a bit then obviously lost his rag as the station was rammed and I think he wanted to get home so he lent on the horn for a while.

The woman came out to see what was wrong and this bloke cut loose about what an inconsiderate **** she was for about 2 minutes I caught a lot of it as I was filling it was hilarious. The woman was speechless and with her tail between her legs left the station without getting anything.

Top bloke it made my evening :good: .

Great!

A while ago I pulled in to Morrison's and parked in an available slot, the vehicle on my left was a great big Discovery. I had parked well within the white lines and as I locked the car and walked away a women came along with her trolley and said "can you move your car as I can't get in?" I replied that "she should park a little better or have a smaller car for the weekly shop!" She was not happy and decided to make a case of it, raising her voice and threatening to go to the supermarket and police. I wished her good luck, took a note of her vehicle registration plate and went to do my shopping. It was gone when I returned 10 minutes later, I presume she got in through the back door and moved it or got a bloke to help her! Wish I had watched from a distance.

At Morrison's in Aldershot there are some spaces where there are two bays between the concrete pillars and a chaved-up BMW had parked across both. Since there were no other spaces, my little VW Up! fitted perfectly with about 2 inches of space between their driver's door and my passenger door. It was gone by the time I got back which is a pity as I would like to have seen the struggle to get in....

Edited by NickS

To be honest I half consider taking up two bays at the supermarket due to the amount of times my car has been dented!

I now park as far away as possible.

I once came out of our local tesco and a woman was leaning on the bonnet of my brand new mercedes (company car) talking to her friend in the next car, I lost the plot with her , she just looked at me tutted and walked off

The funniest one was when I went into a local Morrisons to pick up some supplies on our way on holiday leaving OH in the car complete with caravan attached. We parked right away from the store as we took up two bays and the car park wasn't busy. While I was in the store a young woman ignoring loads of empty parking spaces nearer the store deliberately parked alongside the caravan. The way she parked meant it would have been difficult to drive the car and caravan straight out forwards without catching her car. OH just reversed off the space with the caravan and away we went. Shame she didn't get back in time to see her malicious bit of parking fail to stop us driving away. :)

Edited by loriusgarrulus

People with way too much time on their hands - some were funny.

The best post is the 'planned stickers and notices' the first attempt has spelling mistakes including 'biscuit' being spelt wrong, then an apology posted for the mistakes, but with 'biscuit' still spelt wrong !

As for the original post of the chap shopping - I am still amazed by the amount (thankfully not blokes) of onesie wearing shoppers I see - just wrong apart from the 6 young ladies I saw recently at Norton Cane services on their way back from a hen party.

There is a petrol station near me that has a Tesco express. Its usually a penny a litre cheaper than the others so it does get busy. I wont go there because of the number of times I have been stuck behind somebody who fills up and then has a shopping spree and comes out ten minutes later with two bags of shopping.

People with way too much time on their hands - some were funny.

The best post is the 'planned stickers and notices' the first attempt has spelling mistakes including 'biscuit' being spelt wrong, then an apology posted for the mistakes, but with 'biscuit' still spelt wrong !

As for the original post of the chap shopping - I am still amazed by the amount (thankfully not blokes) of onesie wearing shoppers I see - just wrong apart from the 6 young ladies I saw recently at Norton Cane services on their way back from a hen party.

Anyone know what the red bit refers to?

In one of our local car parks recently someone had parked their 4x4 at right angles to the marked slots and was taking up three spaces.

Looking at this was a parking warden. I asked him if he could do them for not paying for two out of the three and he reckoned he could.

When I came back to the car park the 4x4 had a car parked in front of it and one behind it so it couldn't move and it had two parking offence notices under the wiper !!

Vic.

To be honest I half consider taking up two bays at the supermarket due to the amount of times my car has been dented!

I now park as far away as possible.

I once came out of our local tesco and a woman was leaning on the bonnet of my brand new mercedes (company car) talking to her friend in the next car, I lost the plot with her , she just looked at me tutted and walked off

+1

Believe it or not, i ended up selling my pride and joy for this reason... :|

Anyone know what the red bit refers to?

Sorry, in the posted link quite a way down the page they come up with the idea of stickers telling people how bad their parking is.

The first one has spelling errors so they post a supposed corrected one with an apology - but ithey still spell biscuit wrongly.

Just my OCD flaring up !

Cheers.

Just noticed though that the link has been pulled due to the name of the site and its content.

Ah well, now it doesn't make sense !

Edited by station

I thought I better fill up before the festive season so nipped into my local station and diesel up the car.

It wasn't stupidly early being about 8.30am, first sight was someone in a van who despite there being loads of parking obviously had an urgent need for a coffee causing him to abandon his van squarely between two pumps :oops: .

But even better turned up thirty seconds later when a Merc rolled up and parking at another pump, out jumped a guy (and I kid you not here) in a white bath robe and fluffy slippers :good: he promptly went in to do his morning shopping. Obviously a man who desperately needed that loaf of bread so desperately in fact that taking 30 seconds to throw on some clothes was not possible!

You do wonder for the future of our society sometimes.

Atb Neil

Am I the only one to have naughty thoughts about this perhaps she wanted some toast before the second round. :whistling: