It's not Christmas without stuffing.... what is yours?

malkiserow

Quick and easy really and tastes beautiful.......

500g of sausage meat to 1 box of paxo

1 lemon

1 large onion softened

1 egg

and seasoning

mix sausage meat and paxo together add shopped soften onion egg and seasoning then half a lemon squeezed and then mixed together

put it in a casserole dish cover with tinfoil pop it in the oven fan oven 160 25mins uncover then paste best butter on the top for another 20 mins to make it brown.

Beautiful got it off my auntie

Merry Christmas to you all :) :)

Regards

Mark

Edited by the crowman

Got to say the crowman stuffing (above) sounds lush. I just use whatever packets 'Approved Food' or reduced in store have and then adjust accordingly. Apple, sausage meat, red onion, grain mustard and the sage / thyme type herbs get mixed in, so no fixed recipe. One thing I do this time of year is look out for seriously reduced sausage meat and if not previously frozen finds it's way via the freezer into sunday dinners for the next few months

We make what's called a 'jewelled' stuffing.

Basically, you put your chosen stuffing mix on a 'sheet' of streaky bacon, then place some cranberries on top. roll it all up. Wrap in foil, cook for about 45 min, unwrap and then crisp it up for 15 min.

Bootiful, as they say

1 lemon

1 large onion softened

1 egg

and seasoning

mix sausage meat and paxo together add shopped soften onion egg and seasoning then half a lemon squeezed and then mixed together

put it in a casserole dish cover with tinfoil pop it in the oven fan oven 160 25mins uncover then paste best butter on the top for another 20 mins to make it brown.

Regards

Mark

Did this, excellent results Mark. Cheers

1 lemon

1 large onion softened

1 egg

and seasoning

Regards

Mark

another fan for this recipe , it got the thumbs up from all cheers for the share and a merry xmas to all

Finely chopped onion fried in butter.

4 slices of bread through the blender until crumbs.

Finely chopped fresh thyme, parsley and rosemary.

Mix the above together and pour in chicken stock until a nice stodge is formed.

I chose to bake this in a greased dish rather than stuff the bird but either will work.

Served with a goose I reared myself this year.

Goddamned gorgeous!!

Poured off some of the fat from the cooking goose and used that for the roasters. Best I have ever made. :)

• 11 months later...

Hi all I would like to add an addition to the recipe use one vegetable stock cube to make the paxo mix for even more flavour.

Enjoy and have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Regards

Mark

I made it at the Cotswold food weekend in May and it went down a treat.👍👍👍

Edited by the crowman

Hi all I would like to add an addition to the recipe use one vegetable stock cube to make the paxo mix for even more flavour.

Enjoy and have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Regards

Mark

I made it at the Cotswold food weekend in May and it went down a treat.

It is the Rachael Riley of foods :good:

French stick left to go stale, red onion, fresh sage leaf, Cumberland sausage meat, salt, pepper, splash of balsamic vinegar, and chopped chestnut!

Use a food blender to roughly chop the French stick, and chestnuts, and toss your sage into a mini blender, or finely chop, chop your onion to prefered size pieces,

Place the chestnut bread, onion, sage salt and pepper into a bowl and add hot water, add the meat and mix through, when you have your consistency, add a splash of balsamic vinegar and mix in. In a bowl, and in the oven :D

Sage and onion every time for me.

Fry a chopped red onion in butter, then add 2 chopped up rashers of smoky bacon.

Blitz up 2 or 3 slices of white bread and add 2 heaped table spoons of atora suet, a heaped tea spoon of sage, salt and pepper. Add the bacon, onions and butter to the bead crumb mix and an egg to bind.

It always takes more butter than you think and I usually have to melt some more butter to add in if it seems too dry.