Crosman Phantom mark2 trigger?

RhonddaHunter

Hi ive recently bought a crosman phantom mark 2 12ftlb air rifle i must say its a superb rifle very accurate and consistant and very nice to look at but the trigger is a big problem in short its rubbish i took the screw out of it to make it a little easier and smoother to pull but still no luck any tips on what type of trigger i should go for or anything i can do to it for better results ?

Dude, I had a phantom and for the money they are very good. Taking the adjusting screw out will of made the pull worse!

IIRC it is an m3 pitch and if you can find a LONGER one you should be able to lighten it bit more, well that's not strictly true! You will lose some creepy travel but be careful as you can easily make it unsafe!

These screws are used a lot in electrical goods if you need to scavenge.

The trigger unit is very basic but also very easy to improve. Polishing the usually very rough sears will make a huge difference. Some fine wet and dry wraped around a flat bar of some sorts will make a huge difference. By removing the correct pin the sear piece will swivel right over for you to work on them!

Polish the cylinder, add some piston weight and grease the spring a little.

phantom003-1.jpg

U.

Thanks mate I put the spring and screw back in and adjusted it to what I needed and took some shots at 30 yards im grouping in a 1 pence coin its much better thanks for that didnt think of the longer screw it really makes the difference tho much more pleasant to fire and looking forward to going on my next hunt thanks I have the next model up to that phantom in your pic but thats a nice gun and kill fair play