Best bike you've ever owned ( motorbike)

sishyplops

Same here TL1000S ohlins back & front, rechipped,open pipes. Had a mate that used to race all the club circuits so used to do practice days with him. Got too fast for my own good, kids come along & didn't want them being without a dad.

Drive an old G reg defender these days...............god I'm stating to feel old.

Edited by landy george

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R1100GS - lovely bike (the origin of my user id). Comfortable all day, surprisingly quick at covering distance, capable of going off road if you're man enough, and yes, you can get the pegs down with practice.

Wrote it off when someone did a U turn in front of me. Wrote the car off as well...

Haven't even sat on a motorbike since.

had loads over the last 26 years but the one i do miss is the fireblade i did last year.....

014_zps38ff060d.jpg

009-9_zps20057de7.jpg

011-3_zpsf9920fd4.jpg

023_zps5aa17c9f.jpg

it started off as a challenge from the lads at work, they betted i couldnt build a 200 bhp bike for less than 2000pounds inc the bike but not using nos, i thought i had it nailed but the clutch let go at about 190 ish bhp on the dyno, as i was up to 1800 quid i bought a new HD clutch kit, hoping it'd hold together long enough to get the magic 200 hp but it failed at 175 ish hp (note to self, HD ebc clutch isnt as strong as original honda parts even when they have 40k miles on them !!)

so with not enough money left to fix the problem (lock up clutch would have fixed it but would have been at least 500 quid, in the interests of playing fair i lost the bet (10 quid!!) but had a giggle building/riding the bike

most fun whilst feeling moments from certain death ?? prob this.....130mph wheelies anyone !

005-1.jpg

its an ex race 2004 zx10, christ knows what had been done to it but it was just sooooooooo fast !! i thought it'd be fun do dump the race fairings, lighten it where i could and see how fast it'd run the 1/4,

here it is with swingarm extended.........130mph wheel spin anyone !! high 9's was the best it managed, always plauged by wheelspin!!

002.jpg

changing pace, the mrs wanted a little bike to run around town on, fancied something old and british like a bantam etc but didnt want r/h gearchange, so i made this for her using a 50 quid ****** cg125 copy....threw 80% of it away but you gotta start with something aint ya !

bikes017_zps0cadde28.jpg

i could go on for hours but ill stop now as not to bore you any further lol

Edited by 69chris

Hi my favourite bike is the Kawasaki Z1300 closley followed by the Triumph T140V Bonneville, saw both of these road tested in Motorcycle News when I was at school,I knew then I wanted these bikes and it took me ten years to save to get the kwacker but somewhat longer to save for a bonnie due to wife and kids but got there in the end.

Now owned the 13 for 22 years and been round the clock with no major breakdowns.The Bonnie is now a cafe racer with loads of home made parts.theres a pic of the Bonnie in this months Ride magazine on the back page.

I will keep them for as long as I can ride them old age etc.

Cheers. Vulture

it started off as a challenge from the lads at work, they betted i couldnt build a 200 bhp bike for less than 2000pounds inc the bike but not using nos, i thought i had it nailed but the clutch let go at about 190 ish bhp on the dyno, as i was up to 1800 quid i bought a new HD clutch kit, hoping it'd hold together long enough to get the magic 200 hp but it failed at 175 ish hp (note to self, HD ebc clutch isnt as strong as original honda parts even when they have 40k miles on them !!)

so with not enough money left to fix the problem (lock up clutch would have fixed it but would have been at least 500 quid, in the interests of playing fair i lost the bet (10 quid!!) but had a giggle building/riding the bike

its an ex race 2004 zx10, christ knows what had been done to it but it was just sooooooooo fast !! i thought it'd be fun do dump the race fairings, lighten it where i could and see how fast it'd run the 1/4

changing pace, the mrs wanted a little bike to run around town on, fancied something old and british like a bantam etc but didnt want r/h gearchange, so i made this for her using a 50 quid ****** cg125 copy....threw 80% of it away but you gotta start with something aint ya

A couple of my mates used to run a dyno company (dyno speed developments) one used to run a gs1000 turbo & the other a hyabusa turbo. God knows what they were running at but it was funny as **** watching them run up the strip like a kangaroo.

Edited by landy george

Well I've only had 3 bikes.. (!) But the best has been my triumph sprint ST. With a change of exhaust it makes a great noise and has a powerful, flexible engine. It's big enough for someone 6'4" but sadly I can bottom out the shocks under breaking, so those need changing.

It may not be the shocks fault lol

The bike I wish I'd never parted with was a Kwacker Z650 B1 with uprated suspension (The start of me tinnitus too when the original silencers rotted through and an early Alpha 41 replaced them...... **** it was loud.... big hole down the middle surrounded by a token baffle material)

Fave bike....RC30.....just soooooo much fun and a very addictive zorst note to die for, big rubber band of an engine, 90 pers in first. Came back from the re-arranged to Donnington round of the WSB European where it just started chucking it down around mid-day..... did it quicker in the pouring rain than my VFR FL-M (first model with the single sided swinging arm) ever did it in the dry. A and B roads all the way, very impressed. :good:

Bike I wish I'd been able to have a go on..... JPS Norton rotary race-bike. Just so cool and I remember them around Snetterton with the end of the exhaust glowing like a little pot of Chernobyl. Shame they're not still racing them.

Bike I quite fancy.... Triumph Daytona 675 having seen them on the telly going round the TT.

Fizz

:ninja:

(Nope, I never had an FS1E... first 'proper' bike was a Yamaha YL1e 100 twin after seizing a Raleigh Runabout inside 2 weeks)

Edited by fizzbangwhallop