Choke advice please

ict_guy

DTL is the 0.1% where you will want something different for that I would go 3/4 in the bottom and full in the top .

Can I ask, why not 3/4 in the top and full in the bottom. Bottom barrel first shot isn't it? Surely a narrower spread would be required if the 2nd shot is required?? Never shot with this gun, I take it the bottom barrel shoots first??

Edited by ict_guy

Can I ask, why not 3/4 in the top and full in the bottom. Bottom barrel first shot isn't it? Surely a narrower spread would be required if the 2nd shot is required?? Never shot with this gun, I take it the bottom barrel shoots first??

O/U normally shoot bottom barrel first so the target is further away for the second shot hence more choke needed.

Modified or 1/2 choke bottom and 3/4 or full in top barrel for DTL and I/C (1/4) bottom and mod (1/2) top for sporting clays.

It is YOUR gun and you can put the chokes in any way round, to suit yourself, as long as you can remember which is which.

Edited by Westley

OK, I am fairly new to clay pigeon shooting and have just bought a Browning 725 which comes with 5 chokes. What do the more experienced amongst you recommend for top and bottom barrel??

dtl 1/2 bottom 3/4 top I shoot comp dtl with 24 gram 8 rc shells kills are super ian mullarky one of the best shots at dtl anywhere shoots 1/2 1/2 for everything look what he has won

I have just ordered "kicks " Smoke in full . I must point out this is for shooting rooks and carrion crows . Some of those big carrions can take some knocking down when shooting at med to longish ranges .that said i will most likely leave it in the semi auto.

If i was you though from what you have said i would go down the 1/4 and 1/2 route it will cover you for pretty much all types of shooting under normal conditions.

I shoot the tightest chokes i have most of the time . However i will still use open chokes if my shooting dictates it .

The best ever chokes you can have /buy are the ones the give you the best results . So try what you have and dont be worried about mixing things up . Its whatever you like . My fave combo in my O/U is 5/8 in bottom and full in the top ( teauge chokes )

Stevo .