Easy NV

Davyo

A compact all in one unit, slip on and go,no separate battery or monitor & can be built for sub £120 excluding IR torch.

E700 is the camera used.

Will take you 30/45 mins to build

PS,I don't sell these but please feel free to copy,if you live local and get the parts I am more than happy to knock one up over a cup of tea.

There is nothing difficult about building these units it's simply connecting 3 wires and it don't get any harder than that.

post-30855-0-49524900-1419782713_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-85979500-1419782724_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-94667200-1419782734_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-09790600-1419782745_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-61617900-1419782767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smashin that Davy👍

Got my kit built fri night so popped up road to try even though snow was comin down fast. Zeroed it then shot a rat so all good. Tried out of window yesterday could see 106m measured nice and clear so waiting for snow to melt so I can test out in the fields. Can already tell it's better than the dedicated scope I had previously.

Atb pal😊

E700 fron sure24 (16mm ir removed) £68

12v dc li-on pith battery 18mah(will run 8hrs no problem) from spycameracctv.com £16.80 at the moment

5 inch monitor ebay £16.85

silicone tube ebay 100mm length ,38 mm inside diam £5

metal le bracket from B&Q or the likes £0.50

will post a diagram when have time

the camera housing comes from screw fix you get 5 for about £3 and the e700 fits in nice and tight

Parts cost £111

you can use a t20 (i am no fan off)

i use NM800 can see as clear as day to 200mtr (shootable)

Edited by Davyo

Do you have a list of parts for the spotter, it looks amazing and definitely something I want to have a go at.

Thanks for sharing it with the PW community!

The only diff to the spotter is that it has a 1 mode IR & a 12v .7.3v step down inside as this also runs of the car 12v supply as well as a 12v battery.

I also use a NV driving system (7inch dash monitor)

Hope this helps, i am trying to find the housing for the E700 on screw fix as forgot the item number.The black project box for the spotter came from Maplins £4.00spotter

You get a length of 12v dc cable with a 12v dc male on each end, cut this and connect the red cables from the E700 & the monitor to the red on the 12v dc cable. then connect the black from E700 and black from monitor to the black from the 12v dc.The yellow cable from the E700 & the monitor connect together,(there will be a white from the monitor,disregard this)

The battery is simply clued to the back of the monitor and then both glued to the metal L bracket, the L bracket is the bound tightly with Insulating tape to the end of the silicone tube that has the pro plast tubing inserted( do not wrap tape around any other part of the silicone tube as will distort) If done correctly this will be 100% secure with no movement,then paint over the tape with a clear setting resin.

post-30855-0-63501000-1419789497_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-41893800-1419789508_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-38736300-1419789520_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

The biggest mistake people make is the scope,NV add ons do not like top end scopes.I recently made one of these for a fox lad who bought a NS200 and couldn't understand why it was pants,we ditched his scope and stuck on a £54 Hawks 3-9 x50 front parallax and its blew his socks off,we then stuck my unit on,and the NS200 got sent back as there was very little in it other than a saving of £500

Edited by Davyo

dave , what else can you make from a radiator hose,an egg box and a Christmas cracker :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

good on ya,,bringing nightvision to the masses, its no wonder a few people are pulling their hair out for freely giving their ideas away

atb Evo

Nice work showing others.

Only down side I had was shreen to close and o couldnt focus when shouldering the rifle so moved screen farward.

While your ordering the e700 I would order the DSA to. One clamp fits all scopes. I did use the tube a while ago but it didn't fit all my scopes.

TheDSA adapter is the way to go but its an additional expense some may not want to pay.Bringing the screen forward has its issues if like me your eyes are bad as if i look through a scope i dont need my readers on.But if i am looking at cross hairs on a monitor i need them,even if the screen was stapped to the tip of the moderator lol.My mate who shoots has no issues with the set up as he has young eyes lol.

Dave

I've been playing, and I really mean playing, with NV. My cheapest system so far has cost me £30 although the range is limited by the £6 IR torch to about 20 meters :lol:. It's interesting to see others ideas, particularly with mounting on a gun. I really have no use for NV at the moment, but you never know.