Easy NV

Davyo

Thanks. I've been using the scope ajustment to bring the cross hairs in. How else do you do it? Moveing the camera closer to the scope?

What are iso settings?

I set the camera up prior to setting it in the silicone tube, this tells me what length spacer i need to inset in the tube (camera sits same distance as your eye would be) so everytime the NV is slipped on it buffs up to the back of the scopes diopiter every time.The ISO setting you can get into via the joystick on the back of the E700.Look on youtube for settings a guy called Rolaids.Most people dont use the ISO settings but ive always done it and i personally think it makes a differance.

Remember the camera does not see the same as your eye so you may have to slightly asjust the diopter before slipping the NV on.

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just been having a play with it. I still cant get the picture focused. I've tried sliding the tube on and off. When i adjust the eyepiece it focuses the crosshairs easily. When the camera isnt on the scope its perfectly focused. Any help is welcomed.

What scope have you got it on? NV doesnt get on with expensive glass,does the scope have parallax adjustment ? However saying that i built 7 last week & 2 didnt gave parallax but where still OK.But saying that the 2 chaps have ordered Hawke 3-9X50 scopes with front parallax (£55)after looking through a set up on the Hawke. Edited by Davyo

My 2p:

Fixed parallax are possible, but a pain. If you set your zoom and then LEAVE IT ALONE, fiddle with the eye piece to get your cross hairs sharp and then adjust nothing you can get it working after a fashion.

I have a MTC Mamba 4-16*50 (with adjustable side parallax) and it works a treat.

If memory serves they come in at about £200.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Davyo - many thanks for starting this thread and continued advice. I have followed your build/advice and I am very pleased with the results. Using a Black Sun B20 IR illuminator from Ward and could see out to about 300 yards. It was too bright at close range so need to widen the beam at close range. Fitted a red filter over the screen so very little glare.

Took it out last night for the first test with a full nv kit (driver camera, spotter and now nv scope add-on). Zeroed the scope without the NV on as it had been knocked about a bit during the "fitting" of the nv. Slotted on the nv and scope alignment not affected. Had a drive round a couple of fields looking for bunnies - not many about as I shoot them regularly. The nv took some getting used to, with too much light at close ranges and not as easy to find the quarry on the screen as I would through the scope. But good thing was the bunnies just ignored me as I "played around" with the kit. Finished with 7 bunnies and a bonus fox that was great to watch on screen as I called it into range.

Still need to improve the target image. I can get the cross hairs sharp but not the target. I have a new hawk with front parallax as suggested. Assume I adjust the front parallax to get better focus at different ranges?

(I have not played with the iso settings - can this improve target focus?)