Easy NV

Davyo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just received the same battery as used in this project but it won't turn on, it's fully charged and not actually plugged in to a camera or monitor yet(still waiting). Does anyone know if the little green light should turn on when the switch is flicked if it's not connected to anything?

The red light should come on,the green light only comes on in charge mode along with the red light.when fully charged the green goes out and the red stays on.You battery is fine,so when it's powering the monitor and camera the red light will be on only.If you read the charging instruction it will become apparent,hope this helps

Dave

Thanks Dave, the instructions are in Chinese! The battery itself only has a green light, the charger has the green and red light and work fine. I was worried it was defective as the light on the battery didn't come on when the on switch is flicked, my monitor should turn up this week so I'll know soon enough.

Thanks Dave, the instructions are in Chinese! The battery itself only has a green light, the charger has the green and red light and work fine. I was worried it was defective as the light on the battery didn't come on when the on switch is flicked, my monitor should turn up this week so I'll know soon enough.

Where have you bought the battery from?if it came from spycameracctv.com it should be a red light on the battery and will be illuminated(red) when switched on,not green. The charger will have a red and green light.The instructions should be in English only.I only ever get my batteries from this company because they are UK based and the batteries have proved that they can power a camera and monitor for up to 10hrs in the summer has up to 8hrs in sub zero.

post-30855-0-95387900-1420966923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

I personally don't use any other cameras as the E700 will easily cover all calibres from air to cf depending on what IR you want to throw at it.The other cameras as mentioned above may be adequate for air but it's something I've never tried so can't comment.The E700 is exceptional value considering its brother the EJ230 ( which I 1st used ) is considerably more cash for initially the same camera.Its just the E700 is more compact and versitile and its proved itself in the field in all conditions.Plus you will get a set up for under £120 that in my opinion (and I have tried it) is better than the NS200 & without the bulky screen and trailing cables & battery strapped too the stock( too much hassle).Nothing against the NM200 but the reality is its way over priced at £650,realiistically £300 & the NS50 well I had a go of that unit and for ratting it's ok but £350 is a total joke.

I mean if you look at dave-g's units and especially the scopeless units they are amazing,and would probably out perform the photon and the xt.I only got into NV because of two guy and that's the pre mentioned and of course Evo.I know there is lots of lads out there but everyone does their own thing so I concentrated on these two guys as they where both heading in the same direction and freely gave advise ( a few people abused this and I beleive in one incident someone bought a unit off Evo,copied it then sent it back) It's one of the reasons I don't make these to sell as mine are just a variation of theirs,( I have sold units that are no longer required but not sold at profit).I build units for friends that live close and I enjoy it over a cups and a bit crack.But in my eyes the pioneers are Evo & dave-g.( and evo's right it ends up an addiction lol)

Edited by Davyo

New add on for those like me who when looking at the lcd mounted close need your readers on.This should solve the problem as it has a diopter to enable focusing so no more putting glasses on to take the shot.Plus the glare off the screen sorted,can't wait for it to come.

post-30855-0-99566300-1421022089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

davyo,can you tell me the dimensions of the e700 camera casing please...............DAZ

oops,doesnt matter davyo,ive just gone through your build procedure and its the plug things from screwfix that ive just spotted (again)lol,on my way to get them now mate,cheers.DAZ

Edited by rabbiter

davyo,you say connect black from monitor to black on e700,there aint a black on monitor,just red,white and yellow!! :/

re the monitor there should be white and yellow and also red and black

lcd 1 = white

lcd 2 = yellow

black is - or negative

red is +12v

hope this helps

Is that one of those blue batteries rabbiter ? I would avoid using those,I built a NV unit form a mate who bought 2 of those .The 1st one swelled up & when we stripped the other,it consisted of about 7 test batteries off mobile phones & the soldering was shocking.i would consider getting a designated battery from spycameracctv.

When I built his kit he purchased the batteries later and I think he said that the male DC end I put on the camera and monitor , he plugged this into the female on the battery.He then just tucked the othe male lead from the battery away.But when the battery expanded he went and got the proper battery from spycameracctv.

I will text him and see if it was the female.

over on the nv forum batteries from elwirecraft.com are said to be good,my lad ordered one for a build.i have just put my screen and battery into a project box tonight and it actually still works so feeling pritty pleased with myself.

the battery i used was the one davyo recommend striped out of its casing,unfortunately for me i had to have three batteries delivered before i got one which worked

over on the nv forum batteries from elwirecraft.com are said to be good,my lad ordered one for a build.i have just put my screen and battery into a project box tonight and it actually still works so feeling pritty pleased with myself.

the battery i used was the one davyo recommend striped out of its casing,unfortunately for me i had to have three batteries delivered before i got one which worked

Wow,was the batteries supplied by spycameracctv,if they where I am surprised I have had over a dozen batteries from them with zero failures.My battery is knocking on 3 yrs old with 2/3 nights use a week and still holding charge for up to 8hrs in the summer & 6 hrs winter.Will ring them on Friday and find out if they are getting batteries else where for me 1 failure is one failure too many.

Dave

Hi Davyo,

I have been reading this thread with interest and it has convinced me to undertake my 1st NV build but sorry more questions.

What screen would you recomend off e-bay 281557287553 this one or another?

I have ordered the E700 camera, battery and a quick visit to Screwfix so well on the way.

Thanks in advance, Ash