How many pigeons are shot by PW members 2015

ollie

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all im new to this forum.

.i allways shoot with my dad as hes getting on now....we just had a two week stint on the pigeons(i took some time off work as we have alot of land to cover)...the dog was so so tired bless her. any how it was a good two weeks and we managed

to bag 642...but for the total so far this summer.. is 885.

We had another 58 over rape stubble....flighting... yesterday...should have been more but for my bad positioning.

im my biggest critic when he comes to missing shots..yesterday i missed loads but not because i had forgotten how to shoot just more to the fact that i had positioned my self 450yds away from my dads hide on a different line to him.

the line i was shooting on had nowhere to put a hide due to deep ditches and blazing sunshine. so i got in the ditch which was about 4ft-5ft deep but it was shadey.

unfortunatly the grass was high and the birds where coming from behind left right and centre so reaction time and not seeing the target untill really late accounted for alot of my misses.

when they were coming back they were easier to shoot but i was uncomfortable and couldn't get settled. the ditch was like a v with just enough room for one foot to be on a level,my positioning was the key factor in most of my misses.

with an hr to go i left my ditch went for a walk to another line....i got under a tree there and shot the 1st 7 in a row....i should have moved sooner but thats a learning curve and a mistake i will try not to make again.