Idiots on the marsh

wildfowler.250

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes on all the time on my local bumped into two blokes up from hampshire. One of the idiots shot a pigeon in the car park pricked it didn't follow it to see if it would drop pointed out to him where it dropped sad thing is he didnt seen bothered about it then to top it off fired at oyster catchers then at 200yd greylags. Then youve got the two lads in the landrover alway there pushing the geese off the roost firing into them as they lift!!. This will be pointed out to the warden next meeting reg numbers at hand see what happens

Talking about high geese, I went shopping this morning and was just waiting in the car for the wife and heard "wink wink", I turned round thinking someone was taking the urine out of me and no one was there.

When I opened the door this is what I saw flying over Lidl at Whittington Moor, Chesterfield heading West.

I think you would have needed more than a "Patternmaster black high kick terror goose murderer" choke to get these though as I could not see them blinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdcidPUAbWY

Regards

H

Talking about high geese, I went shopping this morning and was just waiting in the car for the wife and heard "wink wink", I turned round thinking someone was taking the urine out of me and no one was there.

When I opened the door this is what I saw flying over Lidl at Whittington Moor, Chesterfield heading West.

I think you would have needed more than a "Patternmaster black high kick terror goose murderer" choke to get these though as I could not see them blinking.

Regards

H

Geese have been heading north all morning , 1000s over Retford first thing this morning.

A friend of mine got back from a week at Wigtown Bay last week. He reckoned there were 4 French blokes, who thought they had guns capable of killing stuff 100 yrds

away, up there. People who travel a long way usually want to have some shots.

them french blokes go every year and stop at East Kirkland cottages, alot of folk book their holidays round them to miss them , proper clowns about right for wigtown bay .

them french blokes go every year and stop at East Kirkland cottages, alot of folk book their holidays round them to miss them , proper clowns about right for wigtown bay .

Yep a couple of my mates were up too! apparently these frogs beggared things for everyone, out every morning at silly o clock to get the best places, spread out at the front of the marsh then proceeded to shoot at every goose that came even remotely close......at any range!.....driving the skeins into the stratosphere! :no:

Yep a couple of my mates were up too! apparently these frogs beggared things for everyone, out every morning at silly o clock to get the best places, spread out at the front of the marsh then proceeded to shoot at every goose that came even remotely close......at any range!.....driving the skeins into the stratosphere! :no:

I think I would have had to point out the error of their ways in no uncertain terms and tell them to

go forth and multiply some where else if they were spoiling my shooting. :yes:

Regards

H

I think I would have had to point out the error of their ways in no uncertain terms and tell them to

Regards

H

can you speak French Mr cat! nothing never gets said these guys have been going well over 10 years as I remember, I'm pretty sure the other year one loosed 5 shots off at high geese yeah 5 !

maybe two people watch what's going off these days at wigtown, really liked wiggy but it's on the bottom of my list these days even though I do make one trip a year.

can you speak French Mr cat! nothing never gets said these guys have been going well over 10 years as I remember, I'm pretty sure the other year one loosed 5 shots off at high geese yeah 5 !

maybe two people watch what's going off these days at wigtown, really liked wiggy but it's on the bottom of my list these days even though I do make one trip a year.

I dont think I would have to speak French I am sure they would understand/comprehend that I was upset at their behaviour.

Its not very often I get upset but their selfishness should/would not be ignored I am afraid, especially if I had travelled a long way. :rolleyes:

Regards

H

Yeah me and my brother tried that about 5 years ago and all they did was shrug their shoulders :/ Then to cap things off my brother's lab hopped in the back of their vehicle without us realising and off they went - but that's another story!

Edited by Chad63

Yeah me and my brother tried that about 5 years ago and all they did was shrug their shoulders :/ Then to cap things off my brother's lab hopped in the back of their vehicle without us realising and off they went - but that's another story!

Still better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all :good:

They have been spoken too but as said just shrug and ignore you! They do not appear to interact in any way with other shooters or locals, language problems are one thing but it's hard to reason with ignorance and closed minds, no matter what language someone speaks!

They have been spoken too but as said just shrug and ignore you! They do not appear to interact in any way with other shooters or locals, language problems are one thing but it's hard to reason with ignorance and closed minds, no matter what language someone speaks!

If this is Wigtown LNR surely they can be reported to warden or council and be banned from getting permit ?

If this is Wigtown LNR surely they can be reported to warden or council and be banned from getting permit ?

This just what the "Anti-shooting brigade" like to read, shooters falling out amongst themselves and calling one another idiots and cruel for taking long shots resulting in wounded quarry, which of course is quite right but.....instead of "posting it on a forum" which anybody can read or get access to, why not approach the people concerned when you've witnessed it happen, or report them to the club officials/wardens?....dont forget "Big Brother" is always watching these sites and you play right into their hands, giving them proof and incidents of bad shooting taking place at various sites and dont forget if someone is 4-500yds from you, how do you know how high they pass him or has he had a shot at a low duck or something which you cannot even see?....Anti's are only aware of what happens, because we are informing them!!

This just what the "Anti-shooting brigade" like to read, shooters falling out amongst themselves and calling one another idiots and cruel for taking long shots resulting in wounded quarry, which of course is quite right but.....instead of "posting it on a forum" which anybody can read or get access to, why not approach the people concerned when you've witnessed it happen, or report them to the club officials/wardens?....dont forget "Big Brother" is always watching these sites and you play right into their hands, giving them proof and incidents of bad shooting taking place at various sites and dont forget if someone is 4-500yds from you, how do you know how high they pass him or has he had a shot at a low duck or something which you cannot even see?....Anti's are only aware of what happens, because we are informing them!!

I'll be honest I haven't been on here much to read some of the comments but thought I'd reply to this :good:

Basically it was obvious they were shooting at geese because they were firing shots Everytime a skien reached the same point along the bank..once or twice then I could have assumed it was ducks.

Figured to go round and tell several folk something the already knew,(ie the birds were too high) would be as good as peeing into the wind..