Another hypa-flap question...

PhillW

I have received a couple of hypa flaps and telescopic bouncers off my good lady for Christmas. My problem is they came in a plain bag with no instructions. I'm pretty hands on and played around with them a couple of times but I'm not 100% sure I'm putting them together correctly. I don't want to mess anything up by doing it wrong, the issue is the fixing of the rods along the wing, I can't work out how to secure them at the back of the decoy head. I have worked out how they thread through the wing but cannot see what to so where they meet.

Any members that have any assembled that could send or add a couple of close-up pics of the head and wing detail I would be very grateful. I presume the pack of screws that came with them is to screw the flat wing part to the body profile? Also the bouncer sticks came straight, so I presume you kink the end yourself to suit on the thinner metal end piece?

They were bought from uk shoot warehouse.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean about "where they meet" the slim carbon rod should thread through a hole in the correx (plastic) just at the front of where the wing is attached and then through the small loops in the wings finishing in the pockets at the wing tips .

The bouncers should need no modification as far as I am aware mine came from UKSW and did not , a pic of the bouncer head might help.

Ok I will post a pic as soon as I get home.

The carbon rod slides (stopper side first)? through the mid wing slits and into the wing tip pocket but it has nowhere to locate at the back of the decoy head. The rods just overlap and have nothing to secure them into place. I know the rubber pigeon head sits over everything but not sure what keeps that in place either. There is no sillosocks instructions anywhere online or nor did I get any in the parcel.

The poles on the bouncer are straight, and the light brown sockets on the bottom of the decoy body are not cranked they come off the body square. So when the poles attach the pigeon decoy just sits flopped over backwards under its own weight. Like I said I have no instructions to follow so I'm totally guessing here.. Also supplied were two brown plastic poles. Not sure what they were for either.. Any hypa flap YouTube footage shows the poles with a crank or dog leg in the last 12" of the pole and the decoy sat fluttering facing into the wind downwind of the pole..

Thread the rod through the corrugated plastic just behind the head. Then push one end into the wing socket then the other.

When rod is in place the rod should be straight and the wings taught.

Edited by Cosd

Clear as day, Ive been running two on my magnet for almost 2 years with few problems, one had the fishing line that tethers the back of the wing come undone, easy repair, the other the head fell off and lost the fixing screw, again another screw easy fix, on the right day they are the bees knees, Ive also used them on straight poles when the wind was a bit too strong for the magnet, they look good like a bird trying to balance on a flimsy perch. I have had birds fly in and try to land next to them, and after 2 years of regular use they are still in good condition, :yes::yes:

Actually looking at my hypas there are two different styles with the new one having the plastic head go under the corex. I just took a pic of both types to show how the spar goes thru the corex with each type. Hands up, I was probably wrong about the previous pictures.

Photo00271_zpsf400e1f2.jpg

I have a few pairs of hypaflaps and they are that model.

Hypaflaps always had the stiffer carbon spars and the alternative more flexible carbon spars, but I have always used the stiffer one and everyone else I know that has Hypaflaps does the same.

Perhaps UKSW realised that the more flexible one was redundant. :)

Thanks for all the feedback and photographs lads. Seems they have changed the manufacturer and the hypas are slightly different now. I've built them up and they seem like they are the same as the ones in the pics. My only gripe is the screws don't seem the get a good hold in the corrugated back. The screws are only 1/2" long and a little heavy gauged for the body. Also the clamp on the underside is at a different angle than the ones in the pics and online. I presume they will still mount on a rotary ok at that angle? Time will tell once it arrives.

imagejpg5_zps1d282b84.jpg[/url]

imagejpg1_zps2d47d931.jpg[/url]

I presume I have done these right?

Thanks for all the feedback and photographs lads. Seems they have changed the manufacturer and the hypas are slightly different now. I've built them up and they seem like they are the same as the ones in the pics. My only gripe is the screws don't seem the get a good hold in the corrugated back. The screws are only 1/2" long and a little heavy gauged for the body. Also the clamp on the underside is at a different angle than the ones in the pics and online. I presume they will still mount on a rotary ok at that angle? Time will tell once it arrives.imagejpg5_zps1d282b84.jpg[/url]imagejpg1_zps2d47d931.jpg[/url]

I presume I have done these right?

It seems you may have inserted the carbon rods too far back in the corrugated plastic. Make sure it goes through as near to the head as possible so that it doesn't hinder the wing movement.

PhilW, I may be wrong, but those decoys don't look like they will mount onto a magnet.

Thats what I thought.....

I think his wife has hidden them and is enjoying watching him struggle! :lol:

She's sat here next to me ******* herself laughing after reading that!!

Hi Phil,

Kelda from UK Shoot Warehouse here! I think we have an apology to make regarding having evidently omitted the instructions form your kit. Really sorry about that. It would appear that your good lady wife snapped up one of our bouncer kit deals that we had on before Christmas. That particular kit had a variation on our standard Sillosocks pigeon Hypa-Flaps and are specifically for bouncers (either using the included stake or bouncer poles). The wing set-up is slightly different too and so they should go from the tip of the wing, through the slit in the middle and into the body (so not coming back up over the wing again if that makes sense).

We never like to leave a customer unduly confused or disappointed and so if we can help further then just drop us an email and we'll sort something out for you sales@ukshootwarehouse.com

Your wife has excellent taste in Christmas presents by the way - I hope you bought her something equally or even more thoughtful?!