Bergara chair challenge

Longchalk

Anyone got a way of adjusting the leg length on a Bergara chair without driving yourself insane?

Useful chair, once you put a cushion on it. And slotting the legs in and out is easy enough. But the 'buttons' that lock the legs in holes 1-5 are so bloody stiff that I'm getting fed up with using it. I always seem to end up spending ages wrestling with the legs trying to put it away.

Edited by Longchalk

Anyone got a way of adjusting the leg length on a Bergara chair without driving yourself insane?

Useful chair, once you put a cushion on it. And slotting the legs in and out is easy enough. But the 'buttons' that lock the legs in holes 1-5 are so bloody stiff that I'm getting fed up with using it. I always seem to end up spending ages wrestling with the legs trying to put it away.

that's the down side with this chair its not the best of design in the leg adjustment.

agree.

The springs do loosen off after some time.

A little WD also helps.

I think the mud and dust settle into the holes making them a little gritty, but if you press the two pins and twist the leg at the same time it works just fine. I use to struggle when I first got it but not an issue any more.

Regards comfort, I'm yet to try a better chair. One could always add a piece of sponge if you have a delicate derrier I suppose.

Edited by Cosd

Thanks for the 'twist not pull' advice. Discovered yesterday this does mass makes it easier... Somewhat.

As for comfort, it was the hardest most uncomfortable chair I've ever sat on to start with. Couldn't stand it for more than half an hour. So I went on fleabay and bought a pair of barstool cushions from a patio furniture suplplier. They are round and exactly the right size for the seat. Put both foam inners into one zip cover and it's fine to sit on for hours now. And it fits in the chair bag too.

As for the legs, I'll persevere for a bit, but I'm thinking of taking the pins out altogether and substituting some short bolts with wingnuts.

Edited by Longchalk

Thanks for the 'twist not pull' advice. Discovered yesterday this does mass makes it easier... Somewhat.

As for comfort, it was the hardest most uncomfortable chair I've ever sat on to start with. Couldn't stand it for more than half an hour. So I went on fleabay and bought a pair of barstool cushions from a patio furniture suplplier. They are round and exactly the right size for the seat. Put both foam inners into one zip cover and it's fine to sit on for hours now. And it fits in the chair bag too.

As for the legs, I'll persevere for a bit, but I'm thinking of taking the pins out altogether and substituting some short bolts with wingnuts.

Longchalk please pm or post the barstool cushions fleabay details thanks.

As you say the seat as supplied is uncomfortable after a very short time.

I've been asked by a couple of guys to post links to the bistro/bar stool cushions. So here are some. They come in pairs, but you need to put both inner pads into to one cover. Fits nicely in the chair bag too.

These are the ones I have.

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/glencrest-bespoke-collection-bistro-seat-pad.asp

Or may be these would do...

http://www.whitestores.co.uk/garden-furniture/cushions/round-pad-cushions/cc-collection--round-pad-cushions--plain-black-pack-of-2__1448.aspx?gclid=COTPta3Nj8MCFUcTwwodRpEArw#fo_c=575&fo_k=1dc1758f36353a12c0f58178bbf95ae4&fo_s=gplauk