Using up a load of old no.5's on clays?

HuskyRich

I know its not exactly ideal but when I bought my cabinet off my uncle he gave me a truck load of old no.5's along with it and as I don't shoot pigeons or game I was just wondering if I'd get frowned at for using them up clay shooting?

Thing is as well is they are pretty old crappy cartridges as well so doubt anyone would take them so ideally they need to get used up to make some space for nice new ones.

And as long as you shoot half decent should still be able to hit well enough with them?

Our club is max 28g of 7 shot

That is to allow for fall out distances,

When the police first came out for our section 11c he brought a range finder to check distances,

As above regarding most grounds and shot/powder limits.

If we saw someone using 5 shot 30/32g they would be told to stop and use the right cartridges, if they wouldn't/couldn't buy the right cartridges (we sell them) then they would be asked to leave

:shaun:

Fair doos.

Figured there'd probably be some sort of restriction.

Not to worry.

As for what brand cartridges they are, they're not any sort of typical brand as far as I can tell. they are in an orange or blue box saying Cowies Eastern Tractors and have a picture of a tractor on the front.
They must be bloody ancient. :lol:

Fair doos.

Figured there'd probably be some sort of restriction.

Not to worry.

As for what brand cartridges they are, they're not any sort of typical brand as far as I can tell. they are in an orange or blue box saying Cowies Eastern Tractors and have a picture of a tractor on the front.

They must be bloody ancient. :lol:

ive got some from an agricultral engneering company that are 20 years old and are perfectly fine !

put them up as collectable you might be surprised cartridge collecting is quite big always adverts in wanted section of sporting gun.

Thats mainly one guy has a advert in each month , he has some old brass 12 gauge cartridges off me , he is only interested in brass or paper.

Even if a collector wanted some they will be worth peanuts to them in plastic and they are only going to want one or two .

I must have been to a dozen clay grounds and no one has ever asked me what cartridges I am shooting. If you turn up with own gun and shells no one looks. I've used up mixed bags of clay and game cartridges before.

Presumably you don't shoot at registered shoots then!

I must have been to a dozen clay grounds and no one has ever asked me what cartridges I am shooting. If you turn up with own gun and shells no one looks. I've used up mixed bags of clay and game cartridges before.

Would never intentionally shoot shells over the grounds limit.