Whole Pigeon In A Slow Cooker???

belly47

i have eaten tons of pigeons in my time, usually breasted and fried in pan or whole roasted but never seem to see many recipes for cooking them in a slow cooker.

I imagine this is because its not the best way to do it.

Have any of you tried it though and if so what is your recipe.

cheers

Belly

i use a slow cooker sometimes but i cut the meat from the breast bone dice it add onion,leek ,carrot,turnip,mushroom and not forgetting pearl barley,add oxo and leave for a few hours to cook thicken and serve with mash potatoes an broccoli

tell ya what ,,,that sounds delicious certainly going to give that a try, cheers,

Lee sling a couple of breasts in mate ,plenty of veg,also a knorr stock cube and away you go,,just experiment mate, you,ll be surprised at some of the tastes you get

Sounds great, do you have the recipe?

It's from the new Hairy Bikers diet book. I imagine it would work well with any curry recipe. I find slow cooking curries allow the meat to tenderise and the flavours to develop nicely, just finish off with the fresh coriander garnish and yogurt before serving.