Newbie from Warwickshire!

flycoy

Hi all on PW,

Am based in Warwickshire, have been pigeon shooting for 25 years and run a PS syndicate for 20 shooters in the Warwick/ Coventry area. just filling in my application for a big charity roost shoot in feb in Rugby. Love my wildfowling as well when I get the chance, not the best place to live in the middle of the country and be interested in wildfowling!

Been reading the forums and you all seem passionate about your shooting, looking forward to some good discussions in the future!

Shoot Straight and Stay Safe!

Flycoy

Hi all on PW,

Am based in Warwickshire, have been pigeon shooting for 25 years and run a PS syndicate for 20 shooters in the Warwick/ Coventry area. just filling in my application for a big charity roost shoot in feb in Rugby. Love my wildfowling as well when I get the chance, not the best place to live in the middle of the country and be interested in wildfowling!

Been reading the forums and you all seem passionate about your shooting, looking forward to some good discussions in the future!

Shoot Straight and Stay Safe!

Flycoy

Hi Flycoy welcome to Pigeon Watch I hope you enjoy your stay you will find us a friendly.

I am retired and pretty mobile (not on a Benidorm Scooter I hasten to add) what is the Charity roost shoot in Rugby? I may be interested, is it open to all?

Cheers

Bakerboy

Hi Flycoy welcome to Pigeon Watch I hope you enjoy your stay you will find us a friendly.

I am retired and pretty mobile (not on a Benidorm Scooter I hasten to add) what is the Charity roost shoot in Rugby? I may be interested, is it open to all?

Cheers

Bakerboy

Hi Bakerboy

the roost shoot is open to anyone, its a tenner a week and is usually the first 3 Saturdays in Feb, you can do 1, 2 or 3 weeks. not mega pigeon numbers, but if you get drawn in a good wood, you could get 20 odd.

forms available from Rugby Gun shop, give them a ring on 017880575198 and they will post you a form, hurry up though entries close in a week or so. Around 60 shooters take part over about a 5 mile radius.

hope this helps

Flycoy

Hi welcome to pigeon watch.

As a total newbie and coming from the rugby area. Could you explain what happens on a roost shoot? Do you need all the camo gear?

As been wanting to get involved in something like this. Can beginners join to?

Cheers

Hi wingy88

Thanks for the welcome,

As I said forms available from the gun shop, fill in and return , then they send your first location back to you. You get a location to meet a marshall, could be anything from a 1 man to 6man sized wood, so you could be on your own or with others.

Start time is 2pm till dark, then return your pigeon to Barby shooting ground before 7pm and get next weeks location, have a drink and listen to the guys excuses for a bad day! Good crowd of shooters.

Give it a go, ok for a novice as long as you are a safe shot and dont try to shoot birds with oxygen masks on!

See you there

Flycoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...