The cut price all rounder question!?!?

Dan.

IMHO I would go second hand with a better quality gun. Keep searching the classifieds one will come up. But if you are determined to get one of the list, then I would go for the baikal. I have had mine for twenty years and the Sears have only just started playing up. That said I prefer shooting the beretta semi. Good luck hope it works out

IMHO I would go second hand with a better quality gun. Keep searching the classifieds one will come up. But if you are determined to get one of the list, then I would go for the baikal. I have had mine for twenty years and the Sears have only just started playing up. That said I prefer shooting the beretta semi. Good luck hope it works out

I have got a Winchester select sporting II 2nd hand instead, it was worth the extra money over these in the list.

I will prob get a cheap pump or the armsan for when it's wet.

I have got a Winchester select sporting II 2nd hand instead, it was worth the extra money over these in the list.

I will prob get a cheap pump or the armsan for when it's wet.

You should not be to worried about your gun getting wet on the odd occasion I shoot diamond pigeons and dt10 they go out whatever the weather and none have any rust or damage due to this. All that is needed is a good and thorough cleaning after use.But all the best with your new gun.

Have you a good gunsmith? They will usually find you something which suits your need/pocket and which will not involve them in regular repairs. My feeling, and that of others already expressed, is buy secondhand but buy better ie Berretta, Browning, Miroko etc. you may get a basic model but I suspect you will be happier in the long run.

Bostonmick offers sound advice. A good quality brand in second hand can be a much better investment. Feel is important, but not at the expense of fit. Hitting targets consistently is the name of the game.

When making a purchase I nearly always consider total ownership cost. A new gun is second hand immediately, whereas a second hand purchase is still the same - a second hand item. One bought at the right price could be sold on for little cost, if it were not to your liking.

RAB