Woof woof! Hello there from Wiltshire (Almost Hampshire!)

Griff-

Evening chaps (and chapesses),

Just a quick intro from me. I've been a bit of a lurker on here over the last couple of months, lots of great info which has helped no end. So I thought it worth actually getting myself on here properly. Back in October last year I decided to have a crack at clay pigeon shooting, my shooting history has just been .22 air rifles and the Cadet L98A1 (I think, a few years ago now!). Anywho after my 50 clays & carts I left with the biggest grin on my face, so I decided I had no more like had to have more, a couple of weeks later and 75 clays & carts distributed into the Hampshire countryside I knew I'd been bitten by the bug! (right now to see what the mrs thinks about me getting my own gun ha) :innocent:

So over Xmas I filled out the SGC application, posted on the 31st, got a call exactly a week after from the local FEO (a chap called Derek Binks) who is coming over for the chat/interview this week. Cabinet is installed ready to be inspected and I've stocked up on chocolate hobnobs! Being a left hooker there weren't many guns within my budget in my area however luckily my local gunsmith Greenfields recently put up a S/H 12G Laurona Game multi choke for a decent price, so after going in to have a look at it and check the fit (luckily it was good) I put a deposit down. So fingers crossed all goes well with the FEO and I'll be able to bring it home :)

Then hopefully I'll be off to either Lains or Larkhill to get more practice in. My aim/ambition etc is to get permission to shoot on some local land to aide with any control of pigeons. I appreciate it can take a while and it may never happen around here but it's worth putting the wheels in motion so to speak. Hopefully I can get my foot in the door for a bit of beating locally and get known to the right people. But that is a way off yet!

The forum looks like a bloomin' decent one and I look forward to chatting with you all on here in and around the threads. If any of you are near my neck of the woods drop me a pm, always keen to get to know local shooters!

Right must dash! Cheers. :good:

Edited by Lord Flashheart

Hey bridesmaid, like the beard. Gives me something to hang on to!

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute. Now I may be packing the kind of tackle that you'd normally expect to find swinging about between the hindlegs of a Grand National winner, but I'm not totally stupid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...