Webley raider 2 shot

adi786

Hi Guys, not too much into the pcp's but got webley raider 2 shot as there is no guage on air rifle to tell you what pressure it is filled upto. What is the best way to know? Cannot match it with bottle guage as they always differ, maybe bottle is filling/says 200 but the rifle might still be filled upto 170 (just noticed this when i used to fill my bsa scorpion se with onboard guage)

I always fill off the bottle gauge as its a better one than the onboard rifle gauge for the most part. 10bar between my bottle and rifle. Rifle under reads and shot count is unaffected so fair to say rifle is wrong and not the bottle in my case.

http://www.webley.co.uk/Images/raider10manual.pdf

Edited by onatangent

use the bottle gauge as you will find it is always more accurate than any on the rifles, my buddy has got a Birmingham made webley raider and he only ever fills it to 190bar max,

cracking rifle and very accurate aswell but keep your eye on its power as his ended up over 12ftlb when it came back from the gunsmiths,,very naughty,

found his was very accurate with H&N Field Target Trophys , clover leaf groups to 38yrds

use the bottle gauge as you will find it is always more accurate than any on the rifles, my buddy has got a Birmingham made webley raider and he only ever fills it to 190bar max,

cracking rifle and very accurate aswell but keep your eye on its power as his ended up over 12ftlb when it came back from the gunsmiths,,very naughty,

found his was very accurate with H&N Field Target Trophys , clover leaf groups to 38yrds

Thanks i was thinking the other way around i.e. bottle guage is wrong as while filling my bsa bottle went to 210 whereas gun was saying 180/185 something. Maybe if less air left in bottle that effects the reading on bottle guage? I bought chrono as well as u said mine did went over 12lb just, i shot around 10 shots and 2-3 went at 12.0 / 12.1 others were 11.5 mostly.. I have to be careful while filling these up upto certain power.. i felt better with this as compared to scorpion se as you said accuracy..