One of my best.

Masher

I've been very lucky in my 25 years of chasing the pigeons and in my time shot some very big bags but as I'm sure lots of you will agree that the number on your clicker at the end of your day isn't the most important thing, well this Saturday I went out on some wheat stubble that I have been seeing bird numbers steadily building for two weeks so gave it a go, the wind was a strong 25mph and gusting even stronger. The birds came for 3+half hours but the way these birds decoyed was just fantastic to watch as they battled the wind and gave me some exciting and challenging shots, the day ended with 65 pigeons in the bag so all in all like I said not the biggest bag shot but one of those ones that just make you really appreciate how lucky We are to be able to get out and enjoy this fantastic past time.

Glad you had a good day, so true its not the bag but the enjoyment of the sport.

The wife is getting into shooting now and so took her for a walk about on Sunday, she bagged her first squirrel, just the one but we had a great morning and she really enjoyed herself.

Mick

"Passionforangling" personally I would focus my energys for recognisance on different crops such as rape,ivy and clover as everything that I'm shooting at the moment has these in there crops

(Mainly ivy berry's and clover)the only reason I've kept an eye on said wheat stubble field is because the farmer had a very weedy crop and didn't cut one part of the field at harvest time and left the field to rest through the winter so normaly there wouldn't be a pigeon on it,I also shot over 150 rooks and 49 pigeons on this field just before Christmas so it's given me two good sessions.

Hope that helps as I wouldn't want you to waste your time looking at the wrong areas.