Over the moon

bunnykiller

Over the moon with my little foray into decoying geese.

Sunday mornings are when we shoot at our local gun club, this sunday was 50 sporting.

my shooting wasn't to shaby a 43x50 gave me high gun. :good:

while we were putting the traps away, one or two of the boys noticed two rather large skeins of geese. these were well out of range and on land that we don't have permission on. I say we as in the gun club. but the land they were on I do have permission.

so off I trot home to get my trusty Benelli m2 and some steel no1s.

As I ran through the house into the back garden my silo socks caught my eye, whey why not.

so off to the farm I go, I saw the farmer in the yard when I got there and asked how long the geese had been back.

"only today" I got from him.

when I looked down the field to see where they were I noticed how many there were. (3-4thousand)

I headed for the middle field where I have seen them before and set my 12 silo socks up roughly and got tucked in to the hedge.

I let off one shot in the direction of the field where the gooses were and all hell broke loose, the geese lifted and split up into two skeins one flying behind me and off to the opencast, the other to my right and on to a nearby lake (half a mile)

So I tucked in waiting for straggler's.

it didn't take long to hear the honk honk of a few loose ones. I obliged by honking back and in they came. "wait wait wait....... NOW"

up I jumped and BANG BANG, the back one dropped. whoo hooo. :yahoo:

It looked like this could of gone on for the rest of the afternoon, but three was enough for me. so I sat and watched for a while.

I collected my bounty and decoys and headed back to the farm.

just to see both the big skeins come back in to the furthest field. At least they will be there for next time. :good:

All this on my doorstep cant be all that bad. :yes:

BK

what area you shooting in Northumberland bud just I shoot lindisfarne and there was only 400 reported at last count and they were pinks just wandering if the most have returned to roost back up the island?....any info would be sound fella :good: I used to do abit up near Belford some years back (inland goose shooting)shame we lost that used to love it was wee bit younger then tho :lol: atb Robbie.