Off road mud tyres....

matty*

Ive had the tyres on my little jimny a good while now and one has finally let me down and the other three not looking so good anymore but im looking for mud tyres now as most of my time is spent down the farm being a part time keeper. The size im after is 195 15 80 ive managed to find remould mud tyres at just over £50 each so just wondering if Any body new any other places to look.

Thanks

Matty

I'm running Insa Turbo ranger remolds (over 2 years now and nearly 10k miles) and have been happy with them on the cherokee. They are a little loud and supposedly a bear to balance. They are a bit heavy. But I haven't been stuck yet. They are my cheap recco, though if you want more mud bias then look at the Insa Dakar which is modeled after a BFG mud terrain pattern.

That said, looking at Camskill, they have the Hankook Dynapro all terrain for about a tenner cheaper per tire so I'd be sorely tempted there.

thanks

rick

run my GV on dakars,no problem with mud at all mate,love the noise aswell lol........

Yep,i will be going back to Dakar's,never had to us low ratio when i was running them.Only done about 200mls on these new rangers but poss going to order some Dakars again.

Edited by Davyo

• 2 weeks later...