Sporting Clay Shooting Buddy or Buddies: West Midlands

originalgeezer

Sporting Clay Shooting Buddy/ Buddies required, West Midlands.

Having been shooting a while, over five years and now reached a plateau, I need to shoot a variation of shooting grounds, layouts. Shoot mostly at Oakedge, Shugbrough on weekends due to onsite trappers and several shooting buddies there already. But, my shooting buddies there don't wish to travel to shoot..

Sadly I know next to none local to me I know who shoot regularly, and have to try to find friends willing to get up early on a weekend, mostly Sunday's to come and trap for me.

I am from Halesowen, which is near Stourbridge/ Dudley area. I commute a lot for work so closer the better but happy to travel ( as do travel to Oakedge )

Sporting Clay Shooting Buddy/ Buddies required, West Midlands.

Having been shooting a while, over five years and now reached a plateau, I need to shoot a variation of shooting grounds, layouts. Shoot mostly at Oakedge, Shugbrough on weekends due to onsite trappers and several shooting buddies there already. But, my shooting buddies there don't wish to travel to shoot..

Sadly I know next to none local to me I know who shoot regularly, and have to try to find friends willing to get up early on a weekend, mostly Sunday's to come and trap for me.

I am from Halesowen, which is near Stourbridge/ Dudley area. I commute a lot for work so closer the better but happy to travel ( as do travel to Oakedge )

Give me 6-8 weeks assuming I get my SGC and I'd be happy to come with you. I'm walsall based

If you had said would of met ya at shrugbourgh

I am trying to get away from always shooting there hence the need to spread my wings which I will do over next couple of weeks.

Hi Originalgeeze, have you tried Forhill? Not far from junction2 m42. They have a web site and are open every other Sunday. Friendly bunch and someone will always let you tag along with them.

Darren, I am in Halesowen down the road - not tried Forhill to be honest but have found it on the internet and is well placed in terms of location.

Hi all i went round Redditch HWSG last week nice place and on a plus hit a few clays

Yes, I have shot there once a good while back, nice setting there....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all i went round Redditch HWSG last week nice place and on a plus hit a few clays

Let me know next time fella and if free I would happily tag along

If Stratford upon Avon is not too far you can always come and join us on a Saturday

Its a bit like going back to work as work down that way but its an option

Be nice to get out Kidderminster, Redditch as more local to me

i am struggling to meet people at essington to help me trap, last time i was there had the whole place to my self and ended up using my foot and a stick and as such made a complete hash of it .

really need to find some where where they have trappers there for me to use

When do you tend to shoot? Only been shooting a few months but if you fancy shooting at essington sometime (preferably weekends) let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Originalgeezer - somebody may have mentioned it and I missed it while skim-reading but have you been over to "cross-guns" at Kinver? Cracking sporting layout only 5 miles or so from Stourbridge. Runs on a Sunday, 60 or 100 bird and there's plenty there to challenge a good shot. I haven't had the shotgun out of the safe for a long time and it's been even longer since I've shot clays though. I spend my time deer stalking and rabbit shooting, so I'm a rifle man at heart [read: **** with a shotgun] but I'd be up for meeting up there with any of you folks if you fancy a change of scene.

Feel free to send a PM if you want to see someone who is really on a "plateau" with a shotgun. :lol: I can manage to press trap buttons fairly consistently though.