advice needed what .22 rimfire for rabbits

islandgun

I went for the 10/22 as it is fun to use a semi auto and .22lr is the only caliber to offer this.

I would buy a well modded 10/22, it will shoot as well as an out the box bolt action rifle but be a bit more fun to use.

Get a bolt action in the HMR or CF caliber instead as you don't have the choice of semi auto in them.

.22WMR is also available semi, not just LR!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have used a brno mod 2e and found it a good working tool at reasonable rangez but my choice over the 2 would be a cz with hogback stock and a 20 inch barrel as ive seen the tight groups this gun shoots out to very good ranges :) but i found a sako finnfire hunter in 10 out of 10 condition for really good money so thought id take another step up the ladder

Are BRNO weapons still made? I thought the factory, which is in BRNO, changed the name to CZ.

No they are not and yes they did. Plenty about second hand though for very few beer tokens. IMHO they are incredible value for money. There is nothing a modern CZ can do that a BRNO can't as long as you're not bothered about fripperies like thumbhole stocks etc.

No they are not and yes they did. Plenty about second hand though for very few beer tokens. IMHO they are incredible value for money. There is nothing a modern CZ can do that a BRNO can't as long as you're not bothered about fripperies like thumbhole stocks etc.

My BRNO is awesome. If I recall correctly it cost me well shy of two hundred sheets and it gets more use than anything else in the cabinet.

Just my opinion but if its just for rabbits I would go for a CZ/BRNO bolt action with a moderator. Bolt actions fire an ammo you put in them, a semi auto may not.

Thanks for that, everyone I did wonder about the semi auto, Following all the advice I have my eye on a BRNO bolt action with moderator and 15inch barrel, and match it with a Nikon field master 3-9x50 scope from another shop, I will post a photo when I can, cheers IG