Looks like im now a member of the airgun crew , NEW TOY !!

Guest stevo

evening all .

well I have gone and done it , popped into gun shop today and came out with a HW 100 KT , its the first air rifle ive had for a decade , but the time has come as I have a few different shoots where it will come in very handy , not had chance to use it in anger yet , just took it out this afternoon to get it zeroed , must say im so far very impressed with it

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/aocdonhtxfasadb/AAAwjizYV_XJ4qectbXslPCLa

atb stevo

p.s forgot to mention its a .177

Edited by stevo

Yeah , I know you told me on the other thread :lol:

That does not make you old school figgy , it makes you a man :good:

haha I wasn't quite sure where to post it for the best , so I thought I would cover all the bases , don't want to be put on report for posting in wrong section :rolleyes:

yeah I like it to figgy . very comfi to shoot

evening all .

well I have gone and done it , popped into gun shop today and came out with a HW 100 KT , its the first air rifle ive had for a decade , but the time has come as I have a few different shoots where it will come in very handy , not had chance to use it in anger yet , just took it out this afternoon to get it zeroed , must say im so far very impressed with it

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/aocdonhtxfasadb/AAAwjizYV_XJ4qectbXslPCLa

atb stevo

p.s forgot to mention its a .177

Nearly as sexy as my Bsa R10 Mrk II ;) we will have to have a plinking bash m8 (just got mine back from a full service at bsa), seen as no piggys eating rape on our patch atm!

Nearly as sexy as my Bsa R10 Mrk II ;) we will have to have a plinking bash m8 (just got mine back from a full service at bsa), seen as no piggys eating rape on our patch atm!

yeah im up for that mate , don't even get me started on pigeons !! ive moved n to lamping for bunnys for the time being , well until the birds start to play ball again

Stevo,,very nice mate,,you,ll certainly have some fun with that bud

atb Evo

Cheers evo . Im by no means an expert on air rifles and this really is going to be a bit of a learning curve for me . But i rekon it will be fun . So brace yourselfs for a lot of stupid questions in the coming months haha . Tàking it out tonight for its maiden trip .

Well chaps . It went ok . I shot 3 bunnys just as the sun was setting . By Jesus its an accurate rifle . Very very impressive. It will out shoot me thats for sure . I had only one problem . The scope i got was dogs poo !! I couldn't see the blooming cross hairs when it was dark . Im using a led lenser 7.2 mounted under the mod. The scope is a cheap niko sterling mount master 4x14x50 . Only cost £34.00 with mounts . I knew it would be rubish however after buying the rifle and charging gear on a spur of the moment i had sort of hit my budget . So i just bought it to get me going . I want a NV rifle scope not an add-on . So i want to save my money for that . But lesson learned i spose . I had a couple of niko sterling scopes yrs ago and they were great . This on the other hand is like looking through a dirty windscreen haha.

Edited by stevo

quote name="Glenshooter" post="2734091" timestamp="1421673852"]

Enjoy. But get access to a chrono and check the power. These rifles have a lot of good points, but some/quite a few of them can creep over the legal limit.

i have read something about this last night . Was this not a problem with the earlier models?? .im new to this so any help from you chaps will be greatly received .

quote name="Glenshooter" post="2734091" timestamp="1421673852"]

Enjoy. But get access to a chrono and check the power. These rifles have a lot of good points, but some/quite a few of them can creep over the legal limit.

i have read something about this last night . Was this not a problem with the earlier models?? .im new to this so any help from you chaps will be greatly received .

PCPs are excellent pieces of kit. Much more accurate than springers (in the hands of the vast majority of people) but they do have some issues, in that there is more to go wrong - and in a rifle that has a 200 bar bottle/cylinder, that's not really surprising.

The HW100 specifically has a bit of a habit of creeping up in power and you can end up with a rifle that is over the 12ft/lb legal limit. Don't think many people are behind bars because of this, but it would be a tad awkward if you get stopped and the police decide to check - highly unlikely but it could happen.

Get a chrono or find a mate who has one and check the muzzle velocity and knowing the pellet weight, you can then work out the power. Shops should have one as well and after shooting say a tin of pellets, see if you can get it checked.

It's only the HW100 that I've ever read reports of them going over. Some leak, some have other issues but the 'fault' that I read most often re HW100s is that they increase in power. And that is something worth checking.

Don't let that put you off a great rifle. And while I have heard of many going over the limit, I've never heard of any consequences of this happening. But you'd be doing yourself a big favour if you checked, just to be sure! :)

Suggest you check after 500 pellets and then perhaps after another tin. AFAIK, you can get a chrono for £45 and a good one, also suitable for centre fire, for around £100.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/chronographs/cb625-combro-cb625-air-rifle-chronograph-mk-iv-model.html

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103530-chrony-f1-chronograph-chrony-f1/#.VL0UcRvyH4Y

Don't let that put you off a great rifle. And while I have heard of many going over the limit, I've never heard of any consequences of this happening. But you'd be doing yourself a big favour if you checked, just to be sure! :)

Suggest you check after 500 pellets and then perhaps after another tin. AFAIK, you can get a chrono for £45 and a good one, also suitable for centre fire, for around £100.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/chronographs/cb625-combro-cb625-air-rifle-chronograph-mk-iv-model.html

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103530-chrony-f1-chronograph-chrony-f1/#.VL0UcRvyH4Y

Thank you for that . I will grab myself one . I dont want it over the limit thats what my rimfire is for .