Looks like im now a member of the airgun crew , NEW TOY !!

Guest stevo

I have just checked mine at shop . Its doing 11.4 ft lbs with accu pell 7.9 grn .

That's good to know. It is great that you have access to a chrono.

One of the peculiarities about airguns and the law is that the police can choose whatever pellet they want when they test. It's generally accepted (IIRC) that heavier pellets in a PCP can give a higher muzzle energy than lighter pellets (and the converse maybe true for springers, again IIRC).

Next time you check your rifle, take some Bisley Magnums with you as well and try them. If they are still <12 ft lb, then you should be OK. Having said that, I wouldn't be too concerned as 11.4 with Accupels probably gives you enough margin in any case even if the Magnums do give a little more energy.

What size filling bottle did you end up buying Stevo ..

I didn't in the end , I went for a Pump . I got the Hatsan one , and its great , takes me 2 mins tops to fill it up , and its built like a tank !!! well chuffed with it . when I got in tonight I had 110 bar in my rifle , it gave it a total of 54 pumps and its back upto 200 bar ..... job done .

stevo

• 2 weeks later...

Don't stray too far with your new hw 100 or take a back up gun with you because it won't be long before you start having problems with it.They are dreadfull lately my last three all whent back within a week so refused to have any of them back and bought a r10 177 mk2 wow beautiful accurate beyond belief and now very reliable with the latest new mag .

Just looked one up on the internet .. looks a good piece of kit ... fully self contained now Stevo ... just make sure you have enough pellets. Ive never understood why the .22 calibre effectively has a higher shot count in comparison to the lady boy calibre, otherwise referred to in some quarters as .177. ... atb

Simple let me explain! .177 pellets are lighter, to get to the desired ft lb they need more air to get momentum up. More air each shot = less shots total!

.22 pellets are heavier, The momentum required to heave it at 11.5 ft lb is less, so less air is used. Less air per shot = more shots total!