First time at jj's

Ben Lawrence

A few weeks back I posted asking for advise on my first shotgun well got lots of helpful feed back which was good. One member, photon pm me an invited me along to do some clay shooting an try his gun. After a few messages an phone calls we arranged to go this Saturday jus gone. I was really excited an prayed we didn't have a huge down pour or any amount of snow! Saturday mourning came an a look out the window showed clear bright sky's, yes! We met up at jj's at 11 an had a tea an chat about what I'd done b4 an how it worked at jj's, what stands we try an that. David showed me his over an under an semi auto, very nice guns. We decided on using his over an under to start with an maybe try the auto later on. Itching to get started we went over an paid our money's an got to the first stand, I was abit nervous never really having done it before, a man I'd only jus met standing behind me with years of shooting under his belt who's gun I was using plus a few others shooters watching. Pull,first clay missed! But to my surprise the next nine all hit. Big smile on my face an a well done from David. Well as we moved on the clays got harder an harder an more an more were missed. All the time David was giving me advise but not putting any pressure on which really helped. After 50 clays my total was 23/50 which I was really pleased with. I had a great time an will be doing a lot more clay shooting when I get my sgc through.i just want to say a big thank you to David (photon) for taking me, letting me use his guns all when he's got a bad back an couldn't shoot himself.

What's not to like about a crisp clear morning with good company the sound of gunfire and the smell of gun powder :good:

It was rather busy with groups of 5+ on most stands, any nerves Ben had it didn't show and his gun safety was excellent when my gun played up, barrel selector decide to stay in the middle,got that sorted.

I think Ben is a natural shooter who will only improve with practice and not take too much notice of numpty's like me.

I have no doubt he would have had a higher score if the last stand hadn't played up,Transmitter was at best flakey and the second trap was reluctant to release the clay, in hindsight we should have walked away and gone to another stand.

Excellent day for me and hopefuly for Ben as well.