Thinking of getting another Defender

loriusgarrulus

I used to have an Ex Army Defender 90, but parted with her when the manual steering got to heavy for me with bad wrists.

I really regret parting with her now and would love another Defender 2.5 diesel.

I would prefer one with power steering, but without the engine management system.

What would be a good one to get and what years were they made.

Dear Mrs Parrot,

I am sorry to hear of your condition, I too have suffered the condition known as LR. It is a debilitating syndrome and results in back pain from too much time under the bonnet. Pain the the bottom area as LR syndrome targets wallet areas big time. There are forums for this syndrome that give support from similarly afflicted people, sometimes whole families. My sympathies are with you.

There is a Japanese cure to LR syndrome but that only works after therapy or an altered mental state.

Good luck with it all

MS

Must ask Stuart at the local village garage if my old Landy caused him back problems as he saw it once a year for ten years for its annual service and mot. Only time I went under the bonnet was to top up water and oil. :)

P.S Don't have a wallet, that's a man thing.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Go for it. The best vehicle car in the world! I got a clip off sandwich box with holes drilled in the top and bolted to the bottom of the bellhousing using the ladder bolts through the sandwich box lid. Driveway has been spotless for a year now! I just empty it when I power wash the Landy. Best mod iv done lol.

Go for it. The best vehicle car in the world! I got a clip off sandwich box with holes drilled in the top and bolted to the bottom of the bellhousing using the ladder bolts through the sandwich box lid. Driveway has been spotless for a year now! I just empty it when I power wash the Landy. Best mod iv done lol.

Sounds good. Maybe you could market it. :)

Land rovers never need an oil change as the oil gets changed twice as fast as normal due to leaks.

Drove a new one couple of weeks ago, forgot just how agricultural they are. Modern motors really have moved on leaps and bounds comfort and ride wise.

a friend of mine has recently swapped from his old 95 disco to a brand new swb land rover,(against most of his friends advice)it had 400 delivery miles on when he collected it at the end of September 14 drove the 60 miles home and in the past three months it has now done 520 miles total he regrets ever buying it and says it is possibly the worst drive he has ever known in a vehicle.anyone with any arthritic type problems the Japanese have a remedy for the pain its called Toyota.atb

Dear Mrs Parrot,

I am sorry to hear of your condition, I too have suffered the condition known as LR. It is a debilitating syndrome and results in back pain from too much time under the bonnet. Pain the the bottom area as LR syndrome targets wallet areas big time. There are forums for this syndrome that give support from similarly afflicted people, sometimes whole families. My sympathies are with you.

There is a Japanese cure to LR syndrome but that only works after therapy or an altered mental state.

Good luck with it all

MS

Not many japs ones last 40-50 years though.

Not many japs ones last 40-50 years though.

True, had a 4x4 Toyota Tercel years ago. One good knock and it was a right off. That was before this new system of writing them off for the slightest thing came in.

Did have a Toyota IQ, great little car for trotting to work. You couldn't fit a red setter and shotgun in the back though or a sheet of plywood unless it was chopped very small..