Your thoughts please (part2)

tonker

Sorry for the misleading title. I asked a little while ago about your impressions of the S510 carbine.

I have a bit of time free, so thought I'd update you, if you get bored easily move on :)

Long story short, got it at the right price with more bits with it than I thought, I went out playing with it a few times and was quite impressed.

Now I have a nv setup used for foxing on my triple made by Evo and kept swapping it over for nights on the rats down the Farm, That was a bit of a fag as you can imagine. A while ago steve-b had a nv monocular up for sale that I was lucky enough to acquire,

So I set about bodging it onto the Air Arms. I didn't have a DSA and so before I bought one I thought I would see if the monocular would work through my scope as a nv unit, I went down the shed and found a number of lengths of waste pipe. One of which was an exact tight push fit onto the monocular.

I put four hacksaw cuts in the other end and heated in a bowl of hot water until it would bend itself over the optical lens of my sight, let it cool and then fitted it with a zippy tie, having it like this lets me turn the whole monocular for easy focus.

I put the ir of my setup on it and can see well past 120yds well chuffed. So I'm not going to buy a DSA now

and with a separate ir torch on the monocular I can slide it on and off with ease and use as a spotter, a bit of black duct tape to hide the white pipe and the jobs a good un. A couple of pics to show my bodge

post-64160-0-85960600-1421849677_thumb.jpg

post-64160-0-09062600-1421849731_thumb.jpg