what pellets are you using in your HW100 TK

Guest stevo

As per title what are you using ? I have just bought a new HW100 TK .177 last week and have been using crossman accupell .7.9 grn . But obviously what to try others but wondering where would be a good place to start . Must point out i only use the rifle/pellets for rabbits and pigeons ect .

Barracuda extremes were the most accurate for me and gave good confidence in the field - if you can get the wretched tape off the tin so you can get at them!

I've got some chrono results for a whole load of different pellets through the whole weight range if you're interested.

For me the Accupells were one of the worst performing.

Edited by LeadWasp

Accupell didn't seem to work very well so I moved to AA field and RWS superdomes. The groups with RWS we're noticeably tighter - I was very impressed. Then months later I tried a box of Bisley Magnums and was literally shocked at the difference, my HW100 seems to absolutely love the magnums, yet they don't work well in my S200...

Just got a hw100 .22 myself and so far have found the jsb jumbo diablo to have good grouping and on a chrono they we shwoing 11,48 to 11,77 ft/lbs, the rfd gave me a tin of h+n baracuda hunters they are ok but the grouping not as good prolly just use them up for close range ratting.

Not tried any other as of yet, but read a lot of positive comments on aa field but have not tried them yet.

Shame some retailers dont do sample packs of the main flavours.

Mick

Nice one let us know hoe you get with the scope.

Mick

just taken the scope only for a nose around the field out back , very impressed so far , will be using it in anger tomorrow night and will report back .

without derailing the original thread, but

Do you need a separate ir with that ? :)

no its all in one , if you know what I mean , however I would say it could do with an add on ,

As promised to the OP

OK so new out-of-the-box .177 HW100S from Hull, a string of 10 shot through an F-1 on still day at about 16C.

Readings in the form of Hi, Low, Avg, Highest Energy - apologies for typos.

H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.26gr 770,752.4, 761, 12.19 (!)

RWS super hollow point 6.9gr 866.8, 838.7, 850.18, 11.51

JSB Diablo Exact 8.44gr 810.5, 797.5, 804.01, 12.31(!)

Bisley Magnum 10.5gr 734.6, 716.8, 725.4 , 12.58(!)

AA Diablo Field 8.4gr 806.3, 794.5, 800.8, 12.31(!)

and before some helpful so and so does something to me similar to that which was done to the poor lass from Derbyshire who does the 200yd shots the gun was immediately returned and exchanged. The exchange tested against the same range of pellets. (she was reported for having a FAC air rifle off slot when she actually used a sub 12ftlb - how kind).

The most accurate were the Baracudas and the Bisleys in both air rifles.

hope this helps

Edited by LeadWasp